I'm back! What's new?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cees
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

I'm back! What's new?

Post by Cees »

Hey all you old friends, and hello to the new ones!

I've been extremely busy with health issues, buying a new house, getting ready to sell the old house, keeping up with my three little kids, etc. So I haven't been on C & F for two months or so!!

What have I missed? Can someone sum up the important bits of the last couple of months for me?

I've missed you guys!

:party:
msheldon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: I'm back! What's new?

Post by msheldon »

Cees wrote:What have I missed? Can someone sum up the important bits of the last couple of months for me?
Um, I think we talked about whistles once or twice...

:roll:
Michael Sheldon
Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Bloomy had a tantrum.

Again.
Cariad

Post by Cariad »

I joined
'ello! :)

Sarah
breedlovejumbo

Post by breedlovejumbo »

Gaelic Crossings is being sold. Everyone jumped ship and I got lonely so I came over here.
But I will sit and hearken, and be glad that through you great beauty has been wakened into song.
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

:o

:D
TomB

Re: I'm back! What's new?

Post by TomB »

Cees wrote: What have I missed? Can someone sum up the important bits of the last couple of months for me?
Do a search! :D

Seriously, Welcome Back!

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Cees

Post by Cees »

Is Gaelic Crossings really being sold?
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Welcome back, Cees.

Not much happened that hasn't happened many times before.
Cees

Post by Cees »

breedlovejumbo wrote:Gaelic Crossings is being sold. Everyone jumped ship and I got lonely so I came over here.
Hi, nice to meet you...love your avatar! That is one of my kids' favorite movies, and I admit, mine too!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Chiffers went to Willie Week while we waited and watched. We argued politics. I think Loren moved somewhere westerly and sold wonderful instruments. Cranberry posted 1000 times then retreated for personal reasons. Phil Hardy had to change his album name, I think, because he didnt know Bob Pegritz already used it. Lets see...Aviators got better and better. I had a party for Susanfx when she came out West. Walden started a comic strip. Serpent got really busy building and stopped posting pretty much. We had a major outage of CF for a while while computers got changed. Some nasty exchanges over at UP forum leading Dale to publicly wonder why..oh why people get legalistic when they argue. More people started buying flutes, but not me.

Just a few things...
Cees

Post by Cees »

The Weekenders wrote:Chiffers went to Willie Week while we waited and watched.
I knew about that part because Martin keeps me updated through e-mail...that sounded like such a blast! I was jealous!!
The Weekenders wrote:...I think Loren moved somewhere westerly and sold wonderful instruments.
He still had some left to sell??? :o
The Weekenders wrote:I had a party for Susanfx when she came out West.
Susan, when did you go out there? How fun!
The Weekenders wrote:Walden started a comic strip.
Did he really? Is it online somewhere?
The Weekenders wrote:Serpent got really busy building and stopped posting pretty much.
That's too bad that he's not posting very often, but I'm happy for him that his business is doing well. :)
The Weekenders wrote:We had a major outage of CF for a while while computers got changed.
That was when I took my leave of absence...I went through nasty C & F withdrawal for a few days, then got busy with other things and just haven't come back till now. But I missed it! I didn't know until then that I could get along without my daily dose of C & F! :D
The Weekenders wrote:Just a few things...
Well, that was a great summary! Thanks, Week!!

I also want to thank the Chiffers who wrote on a postcard Martin sent from Willie Week...that was so fun and a great surprise to hear from you guys! I hope you all had a great time there!
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

And I recently returned after a three-week odyssey around the U.S. that included a visit to the emergency room in Lincoln City, OR, the tragic demise of both my favorite music store and my favorite restaurant in Spokane, WA (sob!) and an absolutely stellar visit to Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Cees

Post by Cees »

Hey Redwolf...
If you're too stressed out to play whistles right now after your trip, I'd be glad to take care of your Elfsongs for you till you feel better! :twisted: :D :lol: :D

So who was in the emergency room? You or someone else? I hope you or whomever it was is doing okay now! What happened to the music store in Spokane?

Sounds like an eventful trip.
msheldon

Post by msheldon »

Cees wrote:Is Gaelic Crossings really being sold?
Yes, Aodhan's been extremely pressed for time, and thus has been unable to dedicate enough time to it.

Still, don't worry too much. Aodhan's doing everything he can to be sure that it will stay up and running for the long-term.
Michael Sheldon
Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.