Pocketable Whistle Suggestions?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Re: Pocketable Whistle Suggestions?

Post by Wanderer »

cmgs wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:02 pm It seems like Le Meur just posted about making something for this on Facebook. I’ve never played one of his.

FWIW Mike Burke’s and Chris Abell’s whistles break down into 3 pieces, but they’re pretty high end to be toting about in your pocket. Though I often can be found with a Burke D in my purse. 😊
https://www.abellflute.com/whistles/
My Abell is a standard headpiece/body affair breaking down into only 2 pieces--as is the whistle pictured and described on his site.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Zeng Fengbo
Tell us something.: Hi everyone, I'm from China, I love Irish music and I love Irish whistle. We also have our own flute in China, we have our own traditions, but the Irish whistle flute has a more novel and joyful feel, which makes me curious, so I started learning to play the Irish whistle about a year ago, and now it's at the beginner level. I hope to come to this forum to find out what I want to know about Irish music and Irish whistles, and if I have the chance, I hope to buy some legendary Irish whistles. There are also some individuals or businesses in China who make Irish whistles, but not many people do it well. Anyway, perhaps, through this forum, I can learn more about the Irish whistle. Thank you so much.

Post by Zeng Fengbo »

Honestly, an over-pitched whistle can cause damage to the ears over time. I hope you don't neglect to protect your ears when you pursue the portable size of the whistle.
KevinNot10
Tell us something.: I play pipes, flute, and whistle. Grew up in Canada, currently living in the UK. Current set is a Concert D David Quinn set c. 1980.

Post by KevinNot10 »

No one is going to mention the really cheesy bit of Lord of the Dance where one of these 2-piece whistles is "repaired"?

https://youtu.be/rGZQJdcZByI?si=ENZAgDS5TCTrL_EF&t=17
Kevin