OT: Where are you from?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Where are you from?

Africa
1%
Asia
No votes
Europe
26%
North America
70%
South America
1%
other
2%

Total votes: 89

TomB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TomB »

Born and raised in Fiskdale, Massachusetts, lived all over the place during 20 years in the Navy, now live in East Hartford, CT.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Steven

Post by Steven »

Good ol' US of A. Born and raised in Georgia, lived for three years in Connecticut, been in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years.

:-)
Steven
markv

Post by markv »

Fifth generation Nebraskan. We've been here a very long time and have a few towns in the sandhills named after relatives.

reverse 4 and the reverse F V over bar

Mark V.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because
they tell us that dragons exist, but because
they tell us that dragons can be beaten.

G. K. Chesterton
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

ErikT wrote:Don't forget Australia. And Pacific Islands.
Well I don't feel forgotten. I'm from Other and proud of it. Well, let's face it, almost everyone likes a bit of the Other from time to time.
Duffy

Post by Duffy »

" 'Merican borned and raised" Started in S.E. Iowa, then Illinois, Ohio, school in Kentucky; Military: Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Germany, New York, Texas, Vietnam, Okinawa, California, and Arizona. Now its Tennessee getting ready to try Wisconsin. Last place is where I left my friends, this place is the pits, and the next place is greener, always. Best of all is that I should have a few years to lengthen the list, maybe learn another language, and that I have a great wife and some decent whistles to keep me company as I wander down the lane.
Turner

Post by Turner »

I'm from Other and proud of it. Well, let's face it, almost everyone likes a bit of the Other from time to time.
I am not 100% sure what you mean by that Wombat!! :boggle: Does it include male Bonding :lol: :D :o
lixnaw

where are you from

Post by lixnaw »

harrywhohaa wrote:
Don't forget Australia.
for irish hands have wooven threads of green amongst the gold

Absolutely, there are plenty of us down here (Melbourne) whistling.

Even if it is a little difficult with the moisture running back up the whistle... :lol:
Switchfoot

Re: OT: Where are you from?

Post by Switchfoot »

lilymaid wrote:I occurred to me the majority of folks here seem to be American, which is rather odd, since whistle aren't. I'm curious as to where Chiff and Fipplers are from.
It occured to me a while back that a good majority of the high quality whistle makers are also from america (or maybe it just seems that way)
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

lilymaid wrote:I occurred to me the majority of folks here seem to be American, which is rather odd, since whistle aren't. I'm curious as to where Chiff and Fipplers are from.
It occured to me a while back that a good majority of the high quality whistle makers are also from america (or maybe it just seems that way)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Born and raised in Atlanta. Still here. :o
lixnaw

where are you from

Post by lixnaw »

don't forget the people that dreamed of misty mountains in their home across the water, they sang of connemara and there home they'd see no more. those who worked on the subways, the irish, they ran the saloons,in some city, they build all the bridges, they played all the tunes, they put out the fires, controlled city hall, they started with nothing and ran off with it all, the irish! 25 % of australia is irish, 12.5 of the U.S is irish.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Windsor, Ontario, Canada due south of the United States of America. Yep to come to Windsor from Detroit, you have to travel South :D

Born here, moved away, came back, moved again, came back, left again, and have been back for fifteen years. Suspect that this is the last place.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Born in Washington, DC and grew up in Montgomery county Maryland. We have lived in Bayview, Idaho; Bremerton, Washington; Redmond, Washington (BG); and Portsmouth, Rhode Island. We are now back in Montgomery County.

My great grandfather came from County Cork married a girl from County Limerick in Detroit. He then began laying tracks for the railroad. When he got to Standish he bought a farm and settled down. His son continued to lay tracks and when he got to Lapeer he married the company cook. He finally settled down in Monroe where my father was born. I know it seems strange to some in Ireland and probably here too, but everyone of these men said there were Irish. I do too. I know that more than half of my ancestors were either German or Dutch but I still consider myself Irish. I am also proud to be 100% American.
Ron
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

lilymaid wrote:I occurred to me the majority of folks here seem to be American, which is rather odd, since whistle aren't.[/i]
I think it has more to do with the number of americans who own computers and surf the nets vs. their european breathern. Of course, people in other parts of the globe have computers and internet access . . . but I think we have more as americans. More computers per household . . . more TVs, more stereos, more gadgets, more cars . . . well, more stuff in general. Not a good thing, but true. For example, we have three computers. One has a broken monitor(and needs to go to the recycling center) one Mac and one PC. We're stingy . . . they are both hooked up to the same service provider and I haven't gotten around to opening seperate Email accounts for the two of us.
Americans are obsessed with owning things . . . I think even more than other cultures. It would be interesting to run a poll and see who is more affected by WHOA, americans or europeans.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Paul Reid
antispam: No

Post by Paul Reid »

Born in the "Big Smoke" -- Toronto. Moved northwards a few times -- still trying to get further away :) Hopefully I'll live in Creemore one day.
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\