FS: Several Whistles for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jimhanks
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

FS: Several Whistles for sale

Post by jimhanks »

All good whistles, just trying to thin the herd a bit of whistles I rarely play for various reasons

(on hold)High D Chuck Tilbury CPVC nontuneable - $10 - plays a little sharp - good practice or "take anywhere" whistle. This was a promotional whistle Chuck sent out for review when he was developing this design. Here's a look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SsmVSSNLM
If you get one of the other whistles, I'll include this one for free if you also want it. I will say this whistle is a gateway drug and will make you want to order a tuneable brass or aluminum from Chuck, so you've been warned. :-)

Alto G Chieftain Thunderbird aluminum nontuneable - $90 - plays well in tune if you give it the air it wants. This is what I would call a hard blower and I'm more of a medium to low blower.

Low D Nick Metcalf aluminum tuneable - $160 - Silver Star model with offset holes. Bought new last year from Nick and still in "like new" condition. I hesitate to put this one on here as the tone is so nice and velvety. But a man's gotta know his limitations, and like the last one, I just don't see getting truly comfortable with this one due to my own ergonomic limitations (carpal tunnel, RSI, etc.)

All prices include shipping to U.S. Will ship internationally but will have to compute shipping depending on the destination.

Discount for multiples is possible. Tell me what you want and we'll work it out

Pictures and sound samples are available on request.

Send inquiries to private message here or flutesales@fmailbox.com

Thanks!
Jim
-----
SOLD:
(SOLD)Bb aluminum - Mack Hoover - $10 - another gift whistle that just isn't getting played much so you can have it for the cost of shipping. I'll include for free with another whistle. Here's what Mack wrote about it:
The aluminum one is an early model made from a salvaged ski pole and have had it laying around for quite a few years. I did some upgrade by tweaking and polishing, pinning the plug so it won’t move and got it playing to my satisfaction. If you like it I will make it a gift.

(SOLD)Key of A wild pear sopilka - Marek Bzowski - $50 - this is a 10 hole chromatic whistle I ordered with the low F from Marek as I had to see what it was about. Nice woody tone, very well in tune. I just know I'm not going to be able to put in the effort to learn the fingering to get proficient on this one.
(SOLD)Low E Mack Hoover aluminum tuneable - $60 - I am the second owner of this whistle custom ordered from Mack. Lovely tone, but it is just on the other side of comfortable for me - reach is just a bit far.
jimhanks
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

Re: FS: Several Whistles for sale

Post by jimhanks »

all these whistles have been sold