Killarney Whistle Purchase ?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
scottie
antispam: No

Killarney Whistle Purchase ?

Post by scottie »

Where is the best place to purchase a Killarney whistle? My computer gives me a warning everytime I try to go to the Killarney web site as being one of suspicion. Not sure if it is the security software on my computer or it the web site has an issue. I used the address listed on the Chiff and Fipple web directory location.
Steve Bliven

Re: Killarney Whistle Purchase ?

Post by Steve Bliven »

I didn't get any cautionary notes using https://killarneywhistle.com/

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Mr.Gumby
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Their website shouldn't be a problem.

If you look at the forum carefully though, there's one (D) for sale @ $50 :poke:
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My brain hurts

Average Whistler
Tell us something.: Recovering Whistle Obsessive Acquisition Disorder sufferer. Started too late in life to be great, but good enough for my own enjoyment. Recently started learning Irish flute.

Post by Average Whistler »

Suggest you buy it directly from them if you decide to buy new. I found the online price less than other retailers / e-tailers, and the shipping cost from Ireland to N. America (where I live) was less from Killarney. BTW, it's a very nice whistle. Had mine for six months, very happy with it.
scottie

Post by scottie »

Mr.Gumby wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:26 am Their website shouldn't be a problem.

If you look at the forum carefully though, there's one (D) for sale @ $50 :poke:
Thanks for the link. As for the Killarney I am now considering one in Bb. Good prices on the others though. I liked the cocobolo one from Eric The Flute Maker at one time, but I always thought they were over priced especially since they have a Susato mouthpiece attached.
macuaig
Tell us something.: Played recorders at an intermediate level several decades ago, trumpet years before that. Exploring whistles, piano and guitar these days.

Post by macuaig »

I spent a few months collecting a reasonable set of whistles, and Killarney was excellent over 3 orders (I have all four of their whistles, and I wish they made others). They were very communicative unprompted, quick to reply, and shipments have been faster than expected and perfect from Ireland to Virginia. Extremely well built, they have a very nice slightly compressed sound, lots of back pressure, and although I like playing something more open as well, I wouldn’t part with these on a bet. Well done, Killarney!
scottie

Post by scottie »

Thanks for all the good info on the Killarney whistles and site. They say they can be manually tunes with a tuning slide. Are they just referring to the fipple head being able to be moved for manual tuning?
Average Whistler
Tell us something.: Recovering Whistle Obsessive Acquisition Disorder sufferer. Started too late in life to be great, but good enough for my own enjoyment. Recently started learning Irish flute.

Post by Average Whistler »

Yes, that is correct. The head comes off the tube.