It's Been a While/Link to Slide Show & Music

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tom Dowling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

It's Been a While/Link to Slide Show & Music

Post by Tom Dowling »

Hello Folks:

I have not been here for a while. Cannot explain why. Covid? Old age? Sloth?

In any event, I prevailed upon an old friend for the use of some of his photographic images, primarily because I did not have a sufficient stock of my own stuff to go with the story I think the tune tells. Beauty is in the eye, etc....

The whistle is a low F-Sharp.

The Link: https://youtu.be/Eu5_3DJmxoM

I also composed a bit of doggerel that I think sort of goes with the show:

Along The Way....

Seek.
Seek to be.
Seek to be where your feet are.

Behold.
Behold what is.
Behold what is in front of you.

The journey is the destination.
The miracles are what we see along the way.

Be Well,

Tom D.
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: It's Been a While/Link to Slide Show & Music

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Hi Tom,
Good to see and hear old rarities here!
I say “wonderful”
From another scarcity with the same old excuses.
Mack
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Thank You Mack!!

We still walk the earth!!

Go on us.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Ach...Gentlemen: While I do communicate with the both of you, I have not had the pleasure to address you both, at the same time. I am honored.

Tom, I have enjoyed Along The Way, in these last few months, and I was glad to hear and see it, again.

Mack, my applewood Low G sings, and all is well. It is good to hear from you, for many reasons, not the least of which that we share a birthday.

The performing world is opening up slowly in Pennsylvania, and old venues and new are hiring our band for performances. 'Tis gratifying and sobering, at the same time. Many hours of personal and group rehearsal have been spent, reviving and freshening old songs and instrumental sets, and creating new ones. We find that the world of performance has changed in many ways, some definable, others not so much.

I wish you both the best. Stay safe and well, please...
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Tom Dowling

Post by Tom Dowling »

Hello Bill and Mack:

It is great to meet at the old watering hole once again.

I am trying to recharge the batteries that used to enable me to transpose written music--in this case, The Adagio from Rodrigo's Concerto De Aranjuez, in key of D to play on a low A whistle. Tricky for this old geezer. News at 11....)

Be Well,

Tom D.