Mack's May Hoover Happenings

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mack.Hoover
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Mack's May Hoover Happenings

Post by Mack.Hoover »

...many!
But there's always time left to make you a whistle!

Mack

PS A few new things on the website.

Edited to say it looks like my website's down.

My email is working!
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Sorry for retooting my own flute and refloating my own note, but I have received word my website is functional (at least to some).

I would appreciate some feedback as to whether there remains a problem.

Thanks much,
Mack
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Hi, Mack. My school's web software disallows your website because of inappropriate content. This never happened, before. Kids successfully go on your site, all the time... Of all the people in my world, I KNOW Mack's website does not contain inappropriate content, as defined by a school district...Seems as if your site does have a small problem.

Best to you. My Hoovers continue to sing, as always.

Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
don
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by don »

Your site looks up to me. I have reached it from two different computers on two different ISPs. But both were Win2k machines
sbruyette

Post by sbruyette »

Your site looks fine. I am checking from work and we have a fire wall, and all sorts of stuff is blocked. But your site comes up fine, no warnings or anything. :)
Susan
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

It looks fine to me. Very nice pics of the whistles too. I was also pleased to hear that the first five responders to this thread would receive a free Hoover Low D whistle. That's great! :D

Little John
TomB

Post by TomB »

littlejohngael wrote:It looks fine to me. Very nice pics of the whistles too. I was also pleased to hear that the first five responders to this thread would receive a free Hoover Low D whistle. That's great! :D

Little John
:lol:
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Little John said:"I was also pleased to hear that the first five responders to this thread would receive a free Hoover Low D whistle. That's great!"

Tis true, but you must be present in my shop to claim your prize.
Email me for a map.

Mack
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

The site works for me, and I am using Windows 95. I didn't find the offensive content, either. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

By the way, Mack, I am thinking of writing you a poem about the Whitecap. Still the sweetest toned whistle I've heard.
Reasonable person
Walden
revwhit

Post by revwhit »

Walden wrote:By the way, Mack, I am thinking of writing you a poem about the Whitecap. Still the sweetest toned whistle I've heard.
Walden,

I'll second that! I love my Whitecap. It is the easiest whistle to play that I have ever seen and the tone is beautiful. Mack really is the best and a pleasure to deal with too.

I got on to his site from asking here on C&F about a quiet whistle. I also have a brass narrow bore soprano D. It is incredibly quiet and absolutely beautiful.

Mack's prices are very reasonable, even for his most expensive whistles - and the whitecaps are a steal! I'd like several more Hoover's. My only delima is deciding which one. :P When I finally get the courage to move to a low whistle - it'll be a Hoover.
revwhit

Post by revwhit »

Forgot to mention that the site worked for me too. The new pics are great!

Whit+
Paul

Post by Paul »

Rev. Whit, I love my narrow-bore Soprano D too. I needed it so that I could play in the house without driving my wife and her cats nuts! :) Mack is sure a pleasure to deal with too. A lot of nice things said here about the Whitecap...hmm... do I feel a case of WhOA coming on again? :lol:
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

I'll third or fourth or whatever it is the enthusiasm for the Whitecap. Pure pleasure to play.

Edited to add that I was able to access your site. Love the pics of the whistles in the snow! (and that stand you're displaying them on is gorgeous).

It's totally weird what some governer softwares will pick up as "inappropriate." My discussion board, EpiscoTalk, was once blocked because the word "ass" appeared...in a Bible quote, no less!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!