Ecohawk

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
karen627
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Ecohawk

Post by karen627 »

I had exchanged emails with him about one of the whistles he was selling. He seemed like a very nice person. Very sad news indeed.

My condolences to his family.
whistlecollector

Post by whistlecollector »

Greetings:

While I'm not new to C&F, I am new to posting here, so will add my condolences to those already made by everyone else. :(
-- A tin whistle a day keeps the racketts at bay.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373
Reyburnwhistles
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Reyburnwhistles »

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Michael as we have been connecting a lot lately regarding my new Alloy Low D. Michael was the fist to try out the new Low D and he also just received an Eb tube for it tuned to A-432. I was curious why there has been no response to the new Eb tube and now I know why.

It is a great sadness and loss for me to hear of Michael's passing as he was a real caring gentleman.... he will be missed.

Ronaldo
cboody

Post by cboody »

Add me to the list of folks who are saddened by this news. I've sold whistles to him, "jousted" with him out here, and enjoyed responses from a thoughtful and delightful gentleman. Condolences to his wife and to others close to him. I hope our thoughts can somehow be collected and sent to his wife. I don't think drowning her in emails is a sensible thing, but perhaps one of the moderators could collect the thoughts and arrange to send them on in a sensitive way.
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Wow, very sad and coincidentally myself and Ytliek were just speaking together regarding Mike Hawk this past weekend. I will join the many C & F members that count Michael Hawk's passing as a true loss to this online community.

My heart and sincere condolences go out to Michael's family, friends, and to all those members of C & F that considered Michael "EcoHawk" Hawk a friend and musical resource.

God rest ye Michael, and tight lines as ye fish the waters beyond!

Respectfully,
Cayden
Last edited by Cayden on Tue May 13, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
Mr Ed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mr Ed »

My condolences to Mr. Hawk's family. I didn't know him well on here, but his wisdom was part of many search results of this forum.
heyjude

Post by heyjude »

Here is the obituary from the San Francisco Chronicle-
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate ... =170998938
"Man cannot live on bread alone, he must have peanut butter" - Kruger Bear
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

Very sad news indeed. We have very fond memories of Michael.

Our condolences to his wife and family.

Brigitte and Colin
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

Very sad news. I had regular correspondence with Michael and we traded whistles a few times. A generous and kind man from what I knew of him. I will miss him.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

My condolences to his wife and family.
If there is going to be a collection to send to his wife, count me in.
There are most likely still medical bills to pay.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
rhulsey

Post by rhulsey »

Many have left us since I joined this forum, and I'm very sad to hear of this loss. Please keep us posted if there will be a way to contribute if needed.

Reg
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
Seonachan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Seonachan »

I first communicated with Michael on this forum about a possible trade; he went with another deal but (unnecessarily) apologized to me for not taking up my offer, and assured me that he would remember me the next time our bartering paths crossed. We went on to trade a couple of times, and chatted about playing klezmer music on the whistle. You can't always discern someone's character from such limited internet contact, but in Michael's case you could.

עליו השלום
(Peace be upon him)
'Se SUV a th'anns a' chànan eile agam
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Godspeed, Michael.

You are a great Soul. I am privileged to have known you, even though we never met in person.
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
tomcat
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

oh my, this is tragic. i've corresponded with michael several times over the years asking his advice regarding various instruments and he has always been gracious in his response. i found him to be one who always took the high road. he will be missed greatly. heartfelt blessings to his family and friends.