Help With Posting Tunes

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Help With Posting Tunes

Post by PhilO »

Ok, here's a can't miss opportunity to make fun of the big whistle collector's playing - just tell me how I can post some tunes for ridicule and hopefully constructive criticism. I have an Edirol R1 Wave/MP3 field recorder so I can record and get onto my computer tunes in say MP3 format. Do I then have to post them to Facebook and then from there; that seems so backwards. Ideas? (be nice)
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Feadoggie
antispam: No

Re: Help With Posting Tunes

Post by Feadoggie »

PhilO, yes, it's the same dance steps as you used for posting photos. C&F does not host audio files. You have to upload your recordings to the web and link to them from there. Some folks, like myself, use box.net as a repository. Others seem to like Soundcloud. There are many other sites out there as well. Facebook should work if they support audio files.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

The problem with using Facebook for this (aside from the intellectual property questions, which are massive), is that some C&F users have had trouble seeing the posted media if they did not have Facebook accounts.

MTGuru I believe has complained about Soundcloud because it requires Flash (which he can't use at work, IIRC).

Box.net or a similar hosting service is probably the best way to go at the moment.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

As always, thanks Feadoggie.
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

fearfaoin wrote:MTGuru I believe has complained about Soundcloud because it requires Flash (which he can't use at work, IIRC).
Wow, you have some memory. :-) The problem was my old machine and OS, which didn't support the latest and greatest Flash. That's no longer a problem, but I still think non-proprietary standard browser-supported protocols like HTTP and FTP are best, at least for audio. I want to listen with my preferred audio player, not be forced to use someone else's web app. IIRC, Box.net enables downloads of shared files by default, where Soundclound requires the poster to enable that option.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.