[ANNOUNCEMENT] Copperhead Whistles Officially Available!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Copperhead Whistles Officially Available!

Post by raindog1970 »

I'm happy to announce that I'm now officially taking orders for my Copperhead whistles.
I don't have a website to advertise them, but my good friend Mick Woodruff has graciously posted a photo and a tune played on one of my whistles on his website - http://www.fingertrip.net/whistle/index.html.
My whistle heads have fairly low breath requirements and a noticeable amount of back pressure, and the standard models require little push to reach the 2nd octave.
If you play really aggressively, I can move the blade forward a bit to strengthen the bell note and make the whistle require more push to reach the 2nd octave... I can also move the blade closer for those with very precise breath control who prefer a more sensitive whistle.
Cost is $55 (US) for one of my hand-made Copperheads on a brass Féadog D tube.
S&H is $10 (US) for insured priority mail within the continental US... S&H for international orders will have to be figured on a case-by-case basis.
Before placing an order, please be aware that my Copperheads are not lacquered, and some people find the smell and/or taste of copper unpleasant.
Please contact me via <A HREF="MailTo:raindog1970@hotmail.com">e-mail</A> if you're interested and/or have any questions.
Last edited by raindog1970 on Sat May 10, 2003 5:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

It looks cool! even in this stamp-size Image

What's the next step ? A metal top for these lightheaded Low C's from Kerry, Howard ? :sniffle:
raindog1970

Post by raindog1970 »

Just a quick note to bump this thread back to page #1 and include one bit of information I failed to mention in my original post - I will sell a Copperhead with no tube included for $45.
Copperheads were designed to be retrofit heads for standard 13mm (Eb & D) tubes, and usually require no teflon tape for an air-tight seal.
Some painted or heavily lacquered tubes require a bit of wrestling to get the Copperhead onto them though, so I prefer to ship complete whistles to avoid any possible problems related to the fit.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Have you fitted any Copperheads on Gen Ds? If so, how do they sound?
raindog1970

Post by raindog1970 »

blackhawk wrote:Have you fitted any Copperheads on Gen Ds? If so, how do they sound?
There's really very little difference in the tone from one brass tube to another, so a Copperhead on a Generation D tube will sound nearly identical to one on a Féadog D tube.
Féadog tubes are just my preference because they have much better intonation than most cheap whistle tubes, and because they only have a very thin coating of lacquer that is fairly easy to remove... I hate lacquer.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I sent you an email.
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Hey Gary,
Nice look, nice sound, good work, congrats!
No re necessary :wink:
Mack
serpent
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Aw, nuts...

Post by serpent »

... you've (probably unwittingly) prevented me from using that name on the session whistles I'm now producing in combo metals (copper head, brass barrel). (sigh...) Guess I'd better get the old creativity going. .... got it! :D Serpent Copper Viper Session D
Here's the prototype with a standard Brass Serpent narrowbore beside it:
http://www.serpentmusic.com/images/copperviper1.jpg
And to see the curved windway (people whined so I fixed the focus)
http://www.serpentmusic.com/images/curvedwindway1.jpg

Your work looks quite good, and I like the sound. Thanks for kicking off my creative juices! :D
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"