Anyone heard from the Goldies?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
tmelser
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by tmelser »

I recieved an email from Brigitte on Feb 19 saying my whistle would be finished in about a week, but nothing since. I've sent 2 subsequent emails but still no reply. :-?
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

You might try sending a third one, or maybe a PM through C&F.
Reasonable person
Walden
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Maybe it has something to do with this. This is the last time I saw them posting anything. Could be they are just behind with their email.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... t=brigitte

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

chattiekathy wrote:Maybe it has something to do with this. This is the last time I saw them posting anything. Could be they are just behind with their email.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... t=brigitte

Cheers,
Kathy :)
I've known them (once) to get little behind—maybe a week or two—but computer problems seem much more likely. You might try ringing them; that's what I'd do if I had something currently on order.
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

Brigitte sent me an email about a week ago, and this was contained within it:
Colin was a little more ill, bad start of this year so he is slightly
late already (not really late but not as early as he hoped ...)
I have an anodised D on order, and we were discussing one of the political threads on GC, and she put that in her reply.

Hopefully it wasn't anything lasting or serious, but probably enough to back things up for a bit... :)
Aodhan
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Very sorry. We are very behind on emails at the moment. Unfortunately things got crazy here with the computer dying and unexpected major building work to do round the house which could not be delayed. To top it all my new lathe (2nd hand) arrived yesterday. 600kg of lathe had fallen over on its front, smashed by the transport company. Have to see how that turns out.... :sniffle:

Brigitte who normally does help me an awful lot with emails is looking after her grandmother a lot at the moment who is very ill since before Christmas and bed bound now, we are somehow glad Brigitte still is unemployed at the moment although..... anybody needing an industrial accountant, fluent in German and English...... ;-)

I am back in the workshop now along with getting a life :D and hope to be back to normal with emails in the next couple of weeks... I hope... We do have many emails arriving in a week, which we are happy about but of course if we are not able to do emails a couple of weeks the back log is around 200 which makes it hard to catch up.

Terry, Bb whistles are ready and I will send you the telephone number in the next few minutes.

Sorry again...

Colin and Brigitte
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Good luck with the recovery programme on all fronts.

In fact, you couldn't have picked a better period to be off line. We seem to be getting back to normal here, so just don't bother reading the threads that came and went during your absence ;-)
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
tmelser

Post by tmelser »

I spoke with Colin today. He explained the problems he's had recently: computer problems, remodelling, weather, damage to his new lathe. I explained I had also been having computer problems and thought I wasn't recieving his emails. Then he played three different whistles for me over the phone so I could choose. (I wish I could play that well). Now my new Bb whistle is on the way. What nice people! :lol:
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Colin and Brigitte

Sorry to hear things are rocky right now. Hang in there.
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

C&B,

WOw, sorry to hear about all the recent adversity! Hope all is improving, take care you two!

Best :) ,

Loren