My tune is online

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

My tune is online

Post by Flyingcursor »

Well I decided to upload one of my tunes. Ice Wind. On the whistle tune (clips and snips) web site under "original".

http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/orig.html

An accidental composition resulting from practicing arpeggios.

It's hammered dulcimer and autoharp in Em. It's only the first part as I had not come up with a B part yet at the time and my sound card is messed up so I haven't recorded the whole thing.

Actually it breaks tradition and is in AABCA format.

However I would appreciate any feedback I can get so far.

Thanks
Rick
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Rick,

That's a great tune and very well played!

Any chance you could make the sheet music available? I seem to be concentrating my attention on learning tunes written by fellow Chiffers.

Best wishes,
Jerry
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Rick,

What a great tune! The energy in the song really does suggest the Icy wind blowing and is very fitting today, for we had a nasty, windy, snowy, icy storm with 20 degree temps this morning while I was out doing the morning chores and feeding the 30 calves we have on bottles. It reminds me of their little tails swinging and flipping around while they are enjoying their milk. :D Please post more it is really a treat to hear a fellow chiffer's music especially a Hammered Dulcimer since that is my main instrument.

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

I listened to it last night. Please post the whole tune when you get it recorded. Way cool.

Is that you playing all of the instruments? Way, way cool!

(I really want to get a hammered dulcimer one day...)

Aldon
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Well thank's everyone,

Jerry, I've been inspired. It took about 9 tries to get it right :-?
Since I won't get to record the rest of it for awhile I'll go ahead and write the sheet music. I have to use Cakewalk which kind of bites but at least the gist of it will be there. And I can email a MIDI.
If I can figure out ABC that would be better.
Kathy, glad you, a compatriot hd player, liked it. If you try to play it on a 12/11 you might run out of strings on the B part. I start with my left hand on the E above the D on the left treble string and hit the A above the G with the right. It facilitates the C natural and the B part but it is a little bit of a stretch.

Aldon, yep I played both the instruments. Actually there's not much to the autoharp part but a strum but I've come up with a couple of fills that sound good.

Anyone who wants the music can PM me.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Loved it. But, 'twas only 2 instruments? I could have sworn I heard a rebec or similar (fiddle, perhaps?) going on there too...
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

geek4music wrote:
Kathy, glad you, a compatriot hd player, liked it. If you try to play it on a 12/11 you might run out of strings on the B part. I start with my left hand on the E above the D on the left treble string and hit the A above the G with the right. It facilitates the C natural and the B part but it is a little bit of a stretch.

Anyone who wants the music can PM me.
Rick,

I would like the music when you get it done. I have a 16/16 Rick Thum HD so it should work out fine for me. I'm Looking forward to getting the music. Thanks. :D

I also was wondering if there was another instrument being played besides the HD and the Autoharp?

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
lilymaid
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lilymaid »

It’s quite pretty indeed, and I think the name suits it. I had never heard an autoharp before.

(I think you should change your screen name to Henry. It would be most amusing. Then again, I do have a slightly quirky sense of humour. :) )
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

Oops. I should have responded earlier. Nope. Only the two instruments. I added a little reverb so that might be responsible for the sound of more instruments. I am suprised myself how the autoharp strumming turned out.
hillfolk22
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hillfolk22 »

Me too! Me Too!

I would love to see the sheet music to your tune!

And also, I cant wait till you get your sound card.
I am in suspense! I need to the hear the B part!!!!

Can you also send me the midi????

Laura
Blessed be the one who retains a childlike heart, for they shall stay young forever.