OT: Something Stupid Happened In Your Country Today

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: Something Stupid Happened In Your Country Today

Post by The Weekenders »

And even though you have nothing in common with that act of stupidity, I am broadcasting it here because it must mean that everyone in your country is equally stupid.

And THIS is the place for everyone NOT from your country to heap scorn and to show how much smarter they are. That's the spirit!!

Especially if Stupidland has close to 300 million people and the act of stupidity took place 3000 miles away. Also, especially if NOTHING ever stupid ever happened in the others' home country, thus negating the need for any possible humility or sense of perspective.

In about a week, I invite someone else not from Stupidland to post an identical thread about the same type of stupidity. We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll purse our lips with scorn!

As they say in Stupidland, "whatever floats your boat."
Turner

Post by Turner »

Touchey Touchey :o

Stupid things happen all over the world, we all know that! If anything silly happens here, I will be sure to keep you posted.

After all theres no need to cry over a bag of freedom fries. :D
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Turner wrote:Touchey Touchey :o

Stupid things happen all over the world, we all know that! If anything silly happens here, I will be sure to keep you posted.
With all due respect, I doubt it. Find one example.
Turner wrote::After all theres no need to cry over a bag of freedom fries. :D
People in Stupidland have no feelings so there will be no tears.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Way too silly to care--on all sides. The thread's going
well enough, and I didn't see the imputation that
we're all foolish. Best to blow little things off.
I was living in Europe during the impeachment....
much good fun.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Ah yes freedomfries...saw that this morning on the news.

Oh well. But you know what, I am a strong enough person that I can call French fries, French fries and not feel bad about it. If someone else wants to call them freedom fries I am also a strong enough person that I beleave it is their given right to do so. The whole point about freedom is to make choices, whether we find the choices of other people stupid or not is not the point.

There are alot of things I don't like about my neightbors, the state, the world, and the state of the world. If Stupidland bothers you so much, then leave, hell don't even visit. I know.... you can live in letsenslaveourwomenland instead! I'm sure nothing stupid ever happens there, hell no!
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

Subject: State of the nation

Dear loyal denizens,

Your concerns over the crisis have reached your fearless leader. Rest assured that we promise you this, that and the other thing.

Next, we are sending documents and photos to the Untitled Notions of our WMD’s. This will be filled with 12,000 pages of drawings from preschool children of Blarney, the green dinosaur. (That’ll keep ‘em busy!)

His grace, The Supreme Potentate of the One True Tubania Church, Discount Furniture and Mortuary, has declared next Monday a legal holiday. To commemorate it, he has issued a Fatwah on Babs Sheen, actress in the cable TV series, “The Left Wing.”

Lastly, we are giving Weekonia one weekend to surrender or we will take the following actions:

1. Put in a change of address, sending all their mail to a P.O. box in Memphis.

2. Send their leader a gift subscription to a provocative magazine, to be delivered at his place of work.

3. Give his email address to the largest spam mailers on the planet.

Signed,

Fearless leader
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Can we also bring back Liberty Cabbage?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I can't surrender. The word origin might come from "there" and I can't use it. Whoops, I just did. I am so STUPIDE!!! Whoops, I mean STUPID. Au revoir...I mean...Paul Revere....I mean....oh...never mind.

Weekonia (sounds sorta Greek, guess that's o-kay).
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

I earnestly understand how you feel about this issue, Weekster.

However... :D

Remember it's not like people from oustide Freedonia interfering in Freedonia's home policy. It's a bit of Freedonia trying to teach the world how to behave in the first place.

Beside, it's your choice to decide that whatever is criticized about your State makes a fool out of you personnally, and out of your people generally.

I never since Junior High stated something like "the Freedonians this, the Gorgonzolians that".
What I see is people, individuals. And some are really dangerous, not to Freedonia alone (whose economy is already starting to pay the bill) but to the rest of the Polybalkanian continents. Where the Republic of Garlicia can't stop things, it is not willing to pay the bill again.

PS. Also, sulking is not debating, and refusing to debate is the start of the issue...
Last edited by Zubivka on Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Did not even know we had a fearless leader, great....just what we need :roll:
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

The Weekenders wrote:I can't surrender. The word origin might come from "there" and I can't use it. Whoops, I just did. I am so STUPIDE!!! Whoops, I mean STUPID. Au revoir...I mean...Paul Revere....I mean....oh...never mind.
You can’t not surrender without UN approval, but even that may be futile. The Freedonian ambassador has threatened a veto unless you erase their debt of $3 billion, Canadian (About a dollar two ninety eight) and buy them a duck. Why a duck? I dunno. Where we gonna find a duck at this hour?

Thomas-Hastay
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Stupidity

Post by Thomas-Hastay »

"Wealthy,foolish men incite the violence that wise,poor men are forced to quell in the name of Peace."

(Unknown Author)
"The difference between Genius and stupidity, is that Genius has its limits" (Albert Einstein)
thomashastay@yahoo.com
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Okay, Le Zoob, I'll give it a go.
Zubivka wrote:
Remember it's not like people from oustide Freedonia interfering in Freedonia's home policy. It's a bit of Freedonia trying to teach the world how to behave in the first place.
Last time I checked, the world IS telling us how to conduct ourselves with someone we have been at war with for 12 years and for which we have been footing the bill with our military. This same world insisted on the opponent playing by their rules, which he did not. All of this was covered quite well a few weeks back. We are also being advised to bend the rules, that were agreed on by said world. The same world kept the opponent in power and presumably wants him to stay in power for whatever reasons.

Further, not even those who are trying to feel good or capitalize on animosity towards France are telling the outside world to change the names of their comestibles.

Comments are being made on the excesses of nationalism. Boy, can the French tell you stories about those dang 1790s, when a rabid form of re-invention took place there! As I recall, the months names were changed, the calendar re-started, new forms of address were begun etc etc. Those events are stuff of high tragedy, not high comedy really. They came about from real emotional responses, not for the entertainment of cynical onlookers.
Beside, it's your choice to decide that whatever is criticized about your State makes a fool out of you personnally, and out of your people generally.
Zoob, this is the second thread on this same topic in less than two weeks, both started by Europeans to point ridicule at people in our country. To suggest its anything less is disingenuous (because you know the denials will come). If you are going to sling mud, some is bound to spatter others in the general vicinity. I started thread as I was metaphorically wiping it off for the second time in two weeks.

I am sure some ridiculous things happen in other countries in response to world feelings, but I sure would not run to C&F to tell everybody the funny news, which was the point of the thread. As for me implying that it makes a fool out of me personally, I think its the reverse. To watch an outsider cast stones causes me to reflect more on the outsider, even if the intent was the opposite.
What I see is people, individuals. And some are really dangerous, not to Freedonia alone (whose economy is already starting to pay the bill) but to the rest of the Polybalkanian continents. Where the Republic of Garlicia can't stop things, it is not willing to pay the bill again.
Don't worry, Iraq has so much oil, no one but the US will have to pay the bill and not a drop of French blood will be shed there. Maybe some of their revenue can be used for non-military purposes without Saddam trying to build WMDs, palaces, pits of oil, statues and pay actors to impersonate him etc etc. Ya think?

PS. Also, sulking is not debating, and refusing to debate is the start of the issue...[/quote]

Who is sulking and who is not debating? There is no debate about freedom fries as serious debate is questionable regarding emotional responses. I was the first to respond to Bloomfield's topic, I think, in which I said we were being silly Americains. This time, I chose to just make the statement independent of the thread because I found the second time to be offensive in its inception. To that extent, it may be sulking.

Regards,
LeWeeque.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Well, Citizen LeWeeque, I guess their freedom to lump us all together, and criticize our Government to no end, is one of the freedoms we claim to uphold.
Reasonable person
Walden
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

What would the world do about BEAVER TAILS if they were mad a Canada!

But unlike Freedonia, in Canada we have the Royal Canadian Air Farce to remind us of the stupidity of government on a weekly basis.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.