FS/FT: Flutes - McGee?, German, M&E

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
tucson_whistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS/FT: Flutes - McGee?, German, M&E

Post by tucson_whistler »

So my number came up with Patrick... and I am the proud owner of a Eb/D/C blackwood Olwell pratten. yay! :)

The downside is, now I have to pay for them... ;)

SOLD: So, up first is the Olwell i bought off this board. It's a blackwood D pratten. Everything you'd expect. The only problem is, I paid $1850 for it, so that's what I'm asking. I also need a money order, no paypal. sold

SOLD: Next up is a Hammy blackwood D, but the embouchure cut is by Olwell. I bought it off ebay, what he said was the original cut was for a left-handed player, so he asked Olwell to re-cut it for the right side. All the benefits of an Olwell (easy to play) plus the benefits of a Hammy (big, power!). Asking $1250, I know I'm going to regret selling it. No paypal on this one either, preferably. sold

Then I have what might be a McGee? If someone can help me figure it out... I'll post photos later. It's a raised lip plate blackwood flute with no metal in the headjoint (only the 2nd joint has metal) on the slide. That's what makes me think it's a McGee. But I checked his site and never saw a crown like the one this has. But anyway, the story on this one goes it was owned previously by two All-Ireland champs (if you're interested, I'll send you the whole story). Not a pratten, not a rudall, something in-between. Asking $650, paypal ok, might also trade for a Hernon if someone has one.

Last up is my german flute, which I traded to get back. It's got an ivory headjoint (can't buy those anymore) repaired by Jon C, who said it was "one of the good ones." This is the same kind of flute Matt Malloy started out on people... it plays pretty good A440 with the headjoint pushed all the way in, and how else are you going to afford a 10-key flute? Asking $350 (the Irish Flute Store is selling one very similar and asking for $1100!), paypal ok, also willing to trade for something interesting, maybe a F flute or a decent F whistle.

Also, I'm trying to sell an ebonite Eb M&E for a friend of mine; $295. Perfect camping flute maybe for someone; ebonite doesn't care if you get it wet or don't wipe it down... no cork or thread on the joints, nothing to worry about, but also has a tuning slide (every one of these flutes does). I prefer the tone of ebonite to delrin, fwiw.

Ok, so pm with questions... I can email photos and/or I'll try to post some by tomorrow.

Cheers,
eric
Last edited by tucson_whistler on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sindt D | Gene Milligan blackwood D | Burke low D | Olwell keyless blackwood Eb/D/C flute
http://shakespeareanreview.com/
tucson_whistler

Re: FS/FT: Flutes (Olwells, others)

ok, both Olwells are gone, pending payment. everything else is still available, photos still coming... ;)
tucson_whistler

Re: FS/FT: Flutes - Hammy?, McGee, German, M&E

photos of the two flutes still left:

disregard the tissue paper--i was checking for leaks (it's not)