Well, OK, I presume there are 1853 topics asking the same thing, but, hmm, I'm a newbie (a french one), so I don't want to read the 526 pages!
Ok, here we go: how much low-whistles do you own, which one and what are in your opinion the best low-whistles in each key, at least your favorite ones?
As far I'm concerned, I've got:
- Overton Low A made by Colin Goldie;
- "Traveller" Low G made by Pat O'Riordan
- Overton Low F made by Colin Goldie (And I'm on the waiting list for a MK low F)
- Overton Low Eb made by Colin Goldie
- Overton Low D made by Colin Goldie
- Brass Low D made by Michael Copeland
- Black MK Low D made by Misha Sommerville
- Overton Low C made by Colin Goldie
- Overton Low Bb made by Colin Goldie
- I don't tried other A than my Goldie's, cause it's not a low-whitle I play very often (maybe it's too short for me).
- The Traveller Low G is marvellous, but I'd like to try a Copeland one. And I'd like Misha Sommerville makes Low G again! Is someone plays on an MK Low G? I heard very good things on Chris Abell Low G too.
- My Overton Low F is really great. I tried an MK Low F, and it's fantastic as well, that's why I'm on the waiting list (for a red one). I don't know other Low F. Some opinions?
- My Overton Eb (non tuneable) is superb, but I've never tried other Low Eb.
- Well, now, the Low D.... I've got an Overton (non tuneable) , a brass Copeland and a black MK. The three are amazing, although really different. I use one of them according to my feeling. The Copeland is maybe the one I prefer, but I'm not sure, coz the E is a bit weak for me, but it's an incredible instrument. What a sound!
And what about the MK? I don't know what to say. It's maybe the better, that's all what I can say, but i haven't played it enough. Why? Because I'm affraid it will be my main instrument.
But my Overton is great, it's the low I most played. Whatever, the 3 are fantastic instruments. What do you think?
- Low C: my Overton is great, but as the Bb, I've never tried other makers.
So if you could say what are for you
the best Low whistles in each key, I think it could be useful for those who want spend money (too much money as far as I'm concerned!) in a long tube with holes.
Excuse me in advance if this topic is redundant. If it's the case, you can delete it.