Cara Dillon, Joe's Pub NYC Sept 28

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
KNQuail
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Cara Dillon, Joe's Pub NYC Sept 28

Post by KNQuail »

OK, not strictly whistle-related, but Cara does play a bit of whistle so I suppose this is OK...anyone planning on going to the show? I'll be making the 4-hour trek from central NY to see this wonderful singer. Can't wait!
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Cara Dillon, Joe's Pub NYC Sept 28

Post by MTGuru »

KN, the City Guide is not restricted to whistle events. Far from it. :)
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
KNQuail

Post by KNQuail »

Good to hear that MTGuru. :D Haven't really poked around this forum much, so I wasn't sure.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Saw her in July at a local folk festival and she was excellent, hope you enjoy the show.
KNQuail

Post by KNQuail »

Oh, I'm quite sure I will enjoy it, especially since popping in to Cara's fan forum today and finding this message from her husband...

Hi Kristin,
I was just checking some of the messages on here and noticed you're planning to come down to the NY show. It sounds like it might take a bite out of your wallet. Cara and I would love to put you on the guestlist if you were to make the effort. It might make for a more enjoyable experience. The whole reason for the trip is promotion anyway so what's the point if we can't make sure our real fans get to come along and enjoy us live.

Sam x

How exciting!!! Don't know what kind of perks come with being "on the guestlist" but I'm super psyched to find out.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

KNQuail wrote:Oh, I'm quite sure I will enjoy it, especially since popping in to Cara's fan forum today and finding this message from her husband...

Hi Kristin,
I was just checking some of the messages on here and noticed you're planning to come down to the NY show. It sounds like it might take a bite out of your wallet. Cara and I would love to put you on the guestlist if you were to make the effort. It might make for a more enjoyable experience. The whole reason for the trip is promotion anyway so what's the point if we can't make sure our real fans get to come along and enjoy us live.

Sam x

How exciting!!! Don't know what kind of perks come with being "on the guestlist" but I'm super psyched to find out.
Cool! Most of the time a guestlist usually just means free entry to the gig without a ticket, but I guess depending on the gig and the venue there may be other benefits.
KNQuail

Post by KNQuail »

Hey, I'm cool with a free ticket, even if it is only $12 to get in anyways. :D Would be cooler if it meant reserved seating too...apparently just having a ticket at this place does not guarantee a seat and after wandering around the city all day I don't think I'd be too happy with standing room only!
KNQuail

Post by KNQuail »

Most amazing concert EVER.

bennyb

Post by bennyb »

KNQuail wrote:New Jersey Devils Tickets
Hey, I'm cool with a free ticket, even if it is only $12 to get in anyways. :D Would be cooler if it meant reserved seating too...apparently just having a ticket at this place does not guarantee a seat and after wandering around the city all day I don't think I'd be too happy with standing room only!
Boy did you miss a cool show! Standing was not bad at all. We had a blast!!!
Cheers,
Ben B.