Tennessee Tin whistle & Bagpipe instructor needed.

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Dartel
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Here to learn about all things Tin Whistle. And to find what would be my next whistle upgrade. What else should I type to fill out the 100 word minimum?

Tennessee Tin whistle & Bagpipe instructor needed.

Post by Dartel »

Hi, I'm new here.

My name is Edward and I am seeking affodable intruction on the tin whistle. I am a disabled veteran and desire to learn a few tunes to play on my visits to the VA Hospital in Murfreesboro (town Ilive in) & Nashville when I have appointments.

I am very much a beginer and am a visual learner with NO formal musical training. I have a dented clark (D) whistle (slowly saving for a Feadóg Pro (D) - FW06A with software that can print out fingerings for tin whistle & bagpipe (have a pratice canter).

Any suggestions or help is welcomed. I don't have alot of $$$$ but if I have idea of cost I can save.

Dartel
daveboling

Re: Tennessee Tin whistle & Bagpipe instructor needed.

Post by daveboling »

Try emailing Franko Hashiguchi at jump DOT gypsies AT usa.net. He's a fair whistle player, and knows who is playing and teaching in the Nashville area.
I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.
-- Douglas Adams

'Bundinn er bátlaus maðu'.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Bill Wolfe is a good flute player in the Nashville area; contact these people and see if they can help you get in touch with him:
http://www.nashvillecountrydancers.org/contra.html

And for the pipes, Skip Cleavinger's in Bowling Green, Kentucky. If you're willing to make the drive -- even if you only go once a month -- it will be worth it.

He also gets to Nashville for recording and jam sessions pretty regularly, so ....

http://www.myspace.com/skipcleavinger
http://cdbaby.com/cd/skipcleavinger

I think he goes by skipjam on this board if you want to PM him from here. He's a good, good soul.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Dartel
Tell us something.: Here to learn about all things Tin Whistle. And to find what would be my next whistle upgrade. What else should I type to fill out the 100 word minimum?

Post by Dartel »

Thank you both for your replies, I am sorry I took so long to come back but had lost my job and hence my internet. I will look into these suggestions.

Edward