Paddy Keenan & John Walsh 5/9 IAANJ & Wokshops

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
irisnevins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Paddy Keenan & John Walsh 5/9 IAANJ & Wokshops

Post by irisnevins »

The Great Paddy Keenan will be back at IAANJ 5/9. Tickets $20 or $15 for IAANJ members. Reservations advised.
Free parking and refreshments.
IAANJ is located at 352 Richard Mine Road, Rockaway Tnsp. NJ.
For more info email irisnevins@verizon.net

Also, both will give a workshop:
Paddy Keenan and John Walsh, each would like to hold a workshop from 5:00-6:30 before the concert 5/9 at IAANJ. The cost for each will be $30, payable directly to them that day.

Paddy would like very much to hold a piping workshop, but if there are not enough pipers and whistlers would like a class instead he will do that. SO we will see if pipers or whistlers win out! He wishes he could be in two places at once and do both, but has not figured it out yet!

John will teach DADGAD guitar accompaniment. For those of you who do not know John he is an amazing player who knows his instrument inside out! We've had Dropped D workshops, but this will be the first DADGAD, it's always good to learn something new on guitar. Many Irish accompanists use this tuning, here is a chance to learn it! John's site with tunes: http://web.mac.com/texwalsh/iWeb/johnwa ... tunes.html

For either class, please respond to irisnevins@verizon.net ASAP if interested and we can see if we'll get the workshops up and running. Reservations a must, so please get in touch.
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Paddy Keenan & John Walsh 5/9 IAANJ & Wokshops

Post by s1m0n »

Paddy Keenan is certainly a fit topic to post here, and I very much enjoyed seeing him with Tommy O'Sullivan in Vancouver a few months back, but posting the same info about a regional event to six forums might be a bit over the top.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
irisnevins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Paddy Keenan & John Walsh 5/9 IAANJ & Wokshops

Post by irisnevins »

I apolgize, I thought they were all separate. I will take not for the future. I was asked to post to all appropriate forums, didn't realize they would be seen by all.
thanks for the info though, appreciated, and will keep in mind for the future.
Iris