Wanted: C/G Anglo Concertina

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Gusten
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Wanted: C/G Anglo Concertina

Post by Gusten »

Hi,

I'm looking to move on from my Rochelle concertina (which I've absolutely loved) to a more proper instrument. I'm interested in both new hybrids (such as Morse, Tedrow, Edgley etc.), and old vintage instruments. I am not looking for the upper grade vintage instruments, as the my price limit would be around a used new hybrid. Preferably 30 keys, but 26 or 28 might do, depending on the instrument and price. Anglo and C/G tuning is a must.

Oh, and if posting that I'm looking to buy an instrument is not allowed here, please let me know and delete this post. All I could find in the rules and guidelines was related to selling instruments and services, not buying them.

Best regards
Gusten
Lund, Sweden
Gusten
Mandolin & Concertina player in
Long Gone Leprechaun
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Wanted: C/G Anglo Concertina

Post by MTGuru »

Not a problem, Gusten. Any direct offers of instruments to sell to you should best be made via PM. Good luck!
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Gusten

Post by Gusten »

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was allowed. I didn't see any other posts where people were buying things, only selling. I'll update here when I've finally upgraded, so people will know.

Best regards
Gusten
Gusten
Long Gone Leprechaun
Ptarmigan

Post by Ptarmigan »

Hi Gusten,

Are you keeping in touch with the gang over on C.net?

I'm sure that's the best place on the Net to find a Concertina. They actually have a Buy & Sell Board!

Good Luck.

Cheers
Dick
Gusten

Post by Gusten »

Hi Dick,

yes, I've advertised there too. Well, I hi-jacked someone elses post, that was perhaps not the nicest nor smartest thing to do.

(Really enjoy your playing on youtube by the way!)

Edit: I posted here too, because I'm really eager to upgrade from my Rochelle. I figured the more places I look at, the better.
Gusten
Long Gone Leprechaun
Ptarmigan

Post by Ptarmigan »

yes, I've advertised there too. Well, I hi-jacked someone elses post, that was perhaps not the nicest nor smartest thing to do.
Well Gusten, one problem I can see with hi-jacking a thread, is that perhaps not everyone will actually see your post. The only folk who are liable to see it, will be folk who are just interested in the original thread.

So it might be worth your while, starting your own thread over there.

By the way, have you posted anything on YouTube yourself?

Cheers
Dick
Gusten

Post by Gusten »

I took your advice and posted on C.net. (As you are well aware of!)

I haven't posted anything on youtube myself, at least not where I play the concertina. I play a bit of concertina on the sound clip from Merrily Kiss the Quaker, on my "band's" webpage. http://www.gustnet.se/leprechaun We only took one take though, and we had had quite a few beers when doing so, so I'm not very proud of it. Can't deny that it's me playing though! Only picked up playing two and a half months ago.

Edit: Oh wait, I play on Bill Collin's & Frost is All Over too! Forgot about that, as I play mandolin most of the time in that group. Well up until now anyway, I'm trying to switch more or less entirely to concertina. It's simply more fun to play. It doesn't show on the recordings, but I'm slowly learning to give the songs a little lift, a more irish touch, and to use more ornaments.
Gusten
Long Gone Leprechaun
Ptarmigan

Post by Ptarmigan »

Hey that's great playing, especially for such a short time.

Some tasty Mandolin playing too.

Well done.

Cheers
Dick
Gusten

Post by Gusten »

Thanks alot for the encouraging words! We've tried hard to get a more irish touch to our sound, and we're finally starting to get somewhere. Miles to go still, but we're getting there. I have no clue how to tell our piano accordian player to accompany though. He plays ompa-bompa all the time, which really isn't what I'm looking for. I'll start a new thread about that here I suppose!

Cheers!
Gusten
Long Gone Leprechaun
Gusten

Post by Gusten »

Just updating - I've now purchased a lovely Lachenal, and I couldn't be happier! It can be seen here:
http://www.gustnet.se/leprechaun/blanda ... nal28k.jpg

Cheers all!
Gusten
Long Gone Leprechaun
Ptarmigan

Post by Ptarmigan »

CONGRATULATIONS

Looks like a real beauty Gusten.
I'm sure you'll play many happy years of music on it.

One of the nicest sounding Concertinas I ever heard, was a metal ended, ivory button Lachenal, just like your new one.

Cheers
Dick
Gusten

Post by Gusten »

Thank you, Dick! And yes, I absolutely love the sound of it. It's exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure a new hybrid would be easier to play, but it's still a huge step up from the Rochelle. This is definately something for me to grow with for years to come! Takes some getting used to the much smaller size than the Rochelle. With the Rochelle, I could rest my right hand fingers on the side, giving some extra push force. The buttons respond much quicker on the Lachenal, so if I rest my fingers I often accidently play some very high unwanted notes. I have to get used to just pushing with the strapped in part of my hands.

Thanks for keeping me company in my pursuit of a new concertina! Again - I couldn't be happier with it! (The original case does not offer very much protection, so I'm grabbing the make-up case of a lady friend to make a new case.) (Also, I found a tag in the case, from Chris Algar and Barleycorn Concertinas. Feels reassuring that it has passed through his hands.)
Gusten
Long Gone Leprechaun
Ptarmigan

Post by Ptarmigan »

Takes some getting used to the much smaller size than the Rochelle.
Aye, ... "The best things come in small packages" :thumbsup:

Cheers
Dick
varney
antispam: No

Post by varney »

Bit late to post to this thread, but just in case the members are still out there............

Gusten - where did you buy your Lachenal Anglo? It's a fabulous looking instrument..... And if it's not too impudent to ask: how much did it cost??