Posting negative (and positive) comments about instruments

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

That reminds me, many years ago I made flute for someone and the guy kept asking for one change after another.
I would play it at the shop and it sounded fine, I even played it over the phone for him and send it out and the guy would play it over the phone and it sounded horrible. Then one day, he was talking to me and proceed to talk down a whole bunch of other flutes - some very well known names which set off a red flag.
It finally dawned on me that problem wasn't the flute, it was the user. He just didn't have good embouchure.

BTW - I reworked a Pakistan Piccolo, turned it into a Chromatic Whistle. I think the temperature of their environment affects the way they are tuning instruments.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Uilliam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Uilliam »

FJohnSharp wrote:What if we just say...........

What the fecking hell is a comment like this all about??It is really quite offensive and should be removed.
Uilliam

Removed by author so thats that and the sky is blue. :wink:
Last edited by Uilliam on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
Uilliam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Uilliam »

I think it is a great pity that even after Peter flagged up the unfairness ( double standards) re Sam Murray, that he is yet again introduced into this thread.
Jim, by my reckoning, should be making an unreserved apology to Sam and I think it was good of Peter to balance the books a bit and give a positive instead of the oh so easily and unsubstantiated negatives.
Armchair critics are not only worthless they are dangerous.
Slán Agat
Uilliam
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Did I miss anything overnight? At least one post, one by Henke I was responding to with my post about Sam Murray, seems to have disappeared, making my own post a bit redundant.

It's presence did illustrate the point of the new rules nicely: people who have had no dealings with a particular maker or his instruments bringing up 'issues' they have had no personal experience with.
Henke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

My post was deleted since one sentance violated the new policy. I have no objection, but it may have been better if they just edited that one sentance.

Maybe that's not the Undisputeds cup of
whisky :)
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Uilliam wrote: What the fecking hell is a comment like this all about??It is really quite offensive and should be removed.
Uilliam
You're absolutely and completely right. Sometimes in trying to be a little funny, I go overboard. It's a character flaw. The comment and you're quote of the comment should be removed.

I'll do my part...
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

This was posted elsewhere. The (Pakistani) company also sell pipes and flutes through e-bay and other channels.