Pictures of Your Pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lorenzo »

Hey chaps, windshield cowboys, travelers..y'all come out West next summer. I'll take ya out on the high desert and we'll kick up a little dust and go 'ride'n down the canyon' where the wind hits the river and turns into liquid smoke..a whole different kind of rodeo..buck'n, roll'n, bounce'n bareback off the sky, where every surf'n cowboy is scream'n his heart out, like a pack of coyotes.

Then, along towards evenin, I'll take ya down to the longhorn cafe, or the white cap brew pub, and grease up ye'old jaw bone (and elbows), we'll wail on the pipes and churn out the reels, and I'll introduce you to the 'maid behind the bar' (who's regulatin the humidity)--I'm sure she'll learn ya some manors.

Wind or bagpipes, reeds or sails, broncos or sailboards, "The Bucks of Oranmore" or "Let's go Surf'n Now" --They're all the same to me.

When you get out to Wyoming, just turn right and head directly NW. This won't be your ordinary, fastidious, Tionol weekend. You only live once! But, it will be a little irreverent. RSVP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorenzo on 2002-12-26 16:00 ]</font>
tok

Post by tok »

Lorenzo , calling all burritos . WHHooooooooooh !!! lol,, tok :smile: . I think I can make it in my 6 cylinder , leather seated turbo boosted 5 speed stick turbo jetta , Ya think ? . :smile: . lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tok on 2002-12-23 12:38 ]</font>
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

<embed src="http://www.thepocket.com/wavs/tellyouwhat.wav" Autostart="false"> Peel out man!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorenzo on 2002-12-23 16:37 ]</font>
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Steve Turner's Froment set..wow! And winner of best picture award (with Paul Reid a close 2nd).

Well, Steve's got my vote anyway. Those pipes! And that picture! And his piping articulation!

I see that Cillian Vallely plays a Froment set too, on Lunasa's "Merry sisters of Fate" album.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorenzo on 2003-01-17 21:31 ]</font>
janice

Post by janice »

Very tasty.
Paul Reid
antispam: No

Post by Paul Reid »

Yeah - Steve definitley has "the Look" and his pipes are fuller than mine :smile: And he's also a better piper than me at (and on) this stage - so, I concede! Don't make me pull out the big guns in the photography category though.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Paul..in a photo-shootout, your picture had the best composition and clarity, I thought. No contest really...I was just having fun. I actually like Christian's pipes too.

I've gotta learn more about A. Froment--the pipe maker. Anyone have some good links or contact info for him? (He lives in Kilkeana, Kenmare Co Kerry (tel: 064 41026) Froments pipes are so striking...granted, I'm a sucker for blackwood, ivory, and silver. But, the style. Steve said he'd get some clearer pics made over the Holidays and send me one. The one he posted appeared to be from a scanner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorenzo on 2002-12-30 00:08 ]</font>
brianc

Post by brianc »

Lorenzo,

What is the name of that tune, please?

And as regards M. Froment's sets and their quality - I wholeheartedly agree -- a friend here in Colorado has a flat set made by Alain, and they sounds every bit as sweet as they look!

Thanks,
Brian
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

But Jordan never got his pic to work!
jordan

Post by jordan »

haha! Thanks elbogo. You're right. I just got back from a little trip to visit relatives for Christmas (I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!) and had another shot at it but no go. ?? Maybe one day I'll manage to get it up and show you guys. The Kiernan set at least is an interesting old one.
-jordan
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Are these your pipes jordan?

Patrick.

MacEachain

Post by MacEachain »

Lorenzo,
Thanks for posting the clip of Steve Turner playing "Jenny Picking Cockles" I really like that tune, and I really enjoyed Steve's playing.

Cheers, Mac
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Here's a clearer pic of a Froment set like Steve Turners:

(sorry...provider is down)

BTW (LarryM) Pat D'Arcy's picture of pipes are Wooff's I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorenzo on 2002-12-30 21:51 ]</font>
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

PHOTO POSTING: You need to have a picture already up and running somewhere on the net before you can post them here. You can use something like eBay, an internet dating service, or a friends web site, MSN, etc., to post pictures on the net--some sites are free and let you change pictures all the time. Then copy them over here like this:

Find your pic on your internet site, place the cursor on the pic, right click for menu, left click on properties, find and copy the URL-http address, then paste it on this page..then type img(insert address here)/img. The letters "img" and "/img" must each be in brackets like these [ ]address[ ]. You can practice this on any of the pictures on this page. Or, email them to some of us--many of us are very open and post our email addresses here in an act of good faith.

Or, you can just paste the URL address here like this...here's what the URL address of my pic looks like:
http://170.224.13.103/picsnum/115/993/1159936420.jpg

Also, see FAQ above for more details on image transfers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorenzo on 2003-01-18 09:08 ]</font>
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Hi Lorenzo and LarrM,

Yep, that picture is of my Wooff B set. Sorry for not responding sooner, things have been a bit crazy around here lately Image

Patrick.