WOOHOOO!!!! Much rejoycing!

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
LKtz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by LKtz »

I am so excited. I must share my great news! I found a U-pipe teacher and my mom finally said yes to letting me take up the pipe!!!!!!!!! So I am really excited. Any tips to a new piper?

Caryn
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Caryn, congratulations...
Take it one step at a time. Many of the songs you'll be playing will be learned by ear and memorized. Don't ignore reading music as part of your lessons.
The good thing of having an instructor is getting him/her to adjust the reed to play properly. Make sure your lessons include teaching you how to make reed adjustments.
Are you buying your own pipes or will your instructor provide pipes for your lessons ?
LKtz

Post by LKtz »

Thanks Tony for the tips. I am trying right now to get a loaner set from the San Fran. pipers club but I don't know right now whether there are any to be lent out. My will-be teacher said he might have a practice set I could borrow but it needs a bellow. Other than that he said it was a nice set.

Caryn
LKtz

Post by LKtz »

Thanks Tony for the tips. I am trying right now to get a loaner set from the San Fran. pipers club but I don't know right now whether there are any to be lent out. My will-be teacher said he might have a practice set I could borrow but it needs a bellow. Other than that he said it was a nice set.

Caryn