7/22/07T*binsF v,Kido M*untain,Kerfu**en,Old oes,Donny *k,Wh

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

7/22/07T*binsF v,Kido M*untain,Kerfu**en,Old oes,Donny *k,Wh

Post by TonyHiggins »

07/22/07 Welcome to David Marchant from Chile. He sends 3 jigs: Tobin's Favorite, Kid on the Mountain, and The Kerfunten, played on Dixon trad brass d.

Philip Khripkov returns with, "Here's a set of 3 jigs I've double recorded playing my guitar and the harper whistle. It's not my greatest but still nice. Old Joe's -> Donnybrook Fair -> Wheels of the World."
Last edited by TonyHiggins on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Tony, the practice of eliminate spaces from thread titles f*cks up the board layout for me no end, because my browser insists on rendering the titles as one word without a linebreak, and that breaks every cell in the table structure.

Can you force yourself to toss in a space every dozen characters or so, or substitute one for a comma?
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

heh, heh. I had no idea I was wreaking such havoc. I'll have to think about it. :lol: Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Thank you. The relief is immediate.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

If I may suggest a new fornat Tony, why don't you simply put "Update" in the title with the number of new reels, jigs, hornpipes, etc. So example you'd have "7/22/07 Update - 6 reels, 3 jigs, 1 hornpipe". This way you'll always have enough space, and will be able to leave spaces in there, which will allow browsers to render properly in any resolution :-)

PS: Knowing your expertise in assigning reels to hornpipes and jigs, and jigs to reels, we'll get some pretty interesting numbers :-)
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a concertina and an accordion.

As to the format, I thought the tune titles might be more interesting to someone who sees the name of something they might want to hear.
PS: Knowing your expertise in assigning reels to hornpipes and jigs, and jigs to reels, we'll get some pretty interesting numbers smile
And don't blame me if someone's rhythm is so off I have to guess what they're playing. (Ooh, did that pop out of my mouth?) :devil:
Tony
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

TonyHiggins wrote:Hey, I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a concertina and an accordion.
To the general public, concertinas are unknown, whereas accordions are actively disliked. :D

-Craig
Unfairly in both counts, in my opinion...