Geert Lejeune Standard Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Geert Lejeune Standard Flute

Post by Ben Shaffer »

List. does anyone have one of these If you do what do you think of it? I can't tell from the makers website, but does it have a lined head joint?
Ben
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

Not sure about the particular flute, but when I was in France at Saint Chartier last year I stopped by his stall. His flutes were very nicely made, and extrememly responsive. I can't remember if the ones I played had lined headjoints or not. You are definately getting a good instrument if you go with him. The most amazing flute I played there was made by Yvon LeCoant, it was a 6 keyed made from a 150 year old boxwood beam from a barn. The whole thing would just vibrate like crazy, even when you put even a small amount of air into it.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: Geert Lejeune Standard Flute

Post by Loren »

Mr. Fandango wrote:List. does anyone have one of these If you do what do you think of it? I can't tell from the makers website, but does it have a lined head joint?
Ben
I dunno, but how quickly can you get one? Can Geert spit one out for you in an hour or two?

Loren
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I used to have one that was partially lined.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Loren wrote:
Mr. Fandango wrote:List. does anyone have one of these If you do what do you think of it? I can't tell from the makers website, but does it have a lined head joint?
Ben
I dunno, but how quickly can you get one? Can Geert spit one out for you in an hour or two?

Loren
bitter... :twisted:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Jon C. wrote:
Loren wrote:
Ben

Loren

Me, bitter? Well of course. But not about that. :lol:

Loren
Ben Shaffer
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Jon C. wrote:
Loren wrote:
Ben

Loren
Loren,
don't get ugly now! Do I need to make you go out back and cut a switch?
Do I have to come up to Bean town and have a come to Jesus meeting with you!?
Ben
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Mr. Fandango wrote: Loren,
don't get ugly now! Do I need to make you go out back and cut a switch?
Do I have to come up to Bean town and have a come to Jesus meeting with you!?
Ben

Well, none of those ever worked too well on me when I was a kid, however my stepfather did have better luck with the "Eat it or wear it" approach at the dinner table - Nothing get's me motivated (and moving) quicker than flying asparagas!

Loren
Whistlin'Dixie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Loren wrote:
my stepfather did have better luck with the "Eat it or wear it" approach at the dinner table - Nothing get's me motivated (and moving) quicker than flying asparagas!

Loren
That seems wrong

I guess it's a 50's thing. My husband can tell stories about how he and his brother used to have to sit at the table until they ate all their BRUSSELS SPROUTS! (for example) Sometimes they would sit there for hours, listening to their friends playing outside......are you kidding me?!?!?!??

What the h***.... Who cares if you eat the brussels sprouts, asparagus, any frickin' thing. who the h*** would cook those and put them on a kid's plate in the first place. I mean, really. What the heck?????

And to throw them?

Are you teasing?

M
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Oh yeah

Anyone out there play a Lejeune flute?

M
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Whistlin'Dixie wrote:I guess it's a 50's thing.
Yeah, I guess the "eat all your vegetables" thing goes back to the days before parents were shoveling Big Macs and Super Bladder Buster size sodas down their kids throats :lol:

As for the eat it or wear it part, my stepfather was an ex-marine, so I imagine that's where that came from.

And nope, I've got no experience with LeJuene flutes.

Loren
Terry McGee

Post by Terry McGee »

Mr. Fandango wrote: Do I have to come up to Bean town and have a come to Jesus meeting with you!?
Ben
About a week back, the phone rang at around 4:30am. The caller, a chap from Spain named Jesus, was inquiring about a flute and had not checked the time in Australia before calling. Ever since, we've been referring to it as "my early wake-up call from Jesus".

At least I had the presence of mind to avoid the obvious trap "Jesus, do you know what time it is?"

Terry
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

So a McGee is the joy of Jesus's desiring? :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

ooooooh
jtrout
Tell us something.: I play ITM on flute and whistle and enjoy the the topics on both forums. Much more civil and germaine that The Session.Org.

Post by jtrout »

Let me tell you about the wee lad named Bryson who hated carrots. Whilst the home-made peach ice cream was churning out in the garage, he was admonished to eat his carrots or go without the dessert. After contemplating the situation with great and obvious distatste, he ate the carrots, incurring loud praise from his parents and all present. So the big bowl of ice cream was set in front of the good lad, and he proceeded to relish it like any child would, after which he expectorated the carrots onto his dinner plate, having squirrelled them away in his chubby little cheeks all the while!