Sindt high D. Wow!!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Learning Piper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Out of my mind for a minute. Please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible.

Sindt high D. Wow!!!!!

Post by Learning Piper »

Well, I received my Sindt high D last Saturday, and I am absolutely delighted! What a sound! I am a bit busy at the moment, but I could post a review later if any one is interested in hearing my impressions. For the moment, I just wanted to share my excitement with some one who would understand. (My family looks at a me a little strangely when I keep bringing it up. "It sounds nice and you seem to enjoy it, isn't that all there is too it?" they say. Sighhhh...)
S. K. Cull

Dyslexics of the world; UNTIE!!... Or is it unite?... Nuite?..... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Yeah, Sindts are way nice.

You're gonna enjoy that whistle more and more as time goes on.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
burnsbyrne

Re: Sindt high D. Wow!!!!!

Post by burnsbyrne »

Learning Piper wrote:Well, I received my Sindt high D last Saturday, and I am absolutely delighted! What a sound! I am a bit busy at the moment, but I could post a review later if any one is interested in hearing my impressions. For the moment, I just wanted to share my excitement with some one who would understand. (My family looks at a me a little strangely when I keep bringing it up. "It sounds nice and you seem to enjoy it, isn't that all there is too it?" they say. Sighhhh...)
Yeah, they're nice, aren't they? I have had mine for three years and it's the whistle I go to 99% of the time. Sometimes I'm seduced by the flashy sound of some new whistle but when I go back to the Sindt I realize that it is THE ONE. Lots of whistles have found their way to my whistle jar but the Sindt is the one that sits on the desk top, always ready to play.
Mike
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Personally, I found the D I had too weak in the low notes, but it had a very pretty sound. The C on the other hand...
Learning Piper
Location: Out of my mind for a minute. Please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible.

Post by Learning Piper »

So the C is a nice one? I am ordering a full set form John and I'm trying to decide whether to add the C and C# set. (They are an extra $125, but then a have a feeling I would probably kick myself if i didn't get them, soooo...)
S. K. Cull

Dyslexics of the world; UNTIE!!... Or is it unite?... Nuite?..... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

I have one in Eb, D, Bb and A... all are excellent whistles.
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Learning Piper wrote:So the C is a nice one? I am ordering a full set form John and I'm trying to decide whether to add the C and C# set. (They are an extra $125, but then a have a feeling I would probably kick myself if i didn't get them, soooo...)
Jaysus... Hope there's enough brass in the world for other people to have a Sindt or two... :lol:
Learning Piper

Post by Learning Piper »

It ain't the brass I'm thinking of. :D
S. K. Cull

Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Learning Piper wrote:So the C is a nice one?
"A nice one," is a bit of an understatement.
tin tin
Tell us something.: To paraphrase Mark Twain, a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the spoons and doesn't. I'm doing my best to be a gentleman.

Post by tin tin »

The one Sindt C I've tried (having also tried or owned several D's, and Eb, a Bb, and an A) is not only the best Sindt I've ever played, but one of the best whistles I've ever played.
brotherwind

Agree

Post by brotherwind »

Unseen122 wrote:
Learning Piper wrote:So the C is a nice one?
"A nice one," is a bit of an understatement.
I completely concur. I even prefer the C over the D. It's more balanced and a delight to play. I am very happy to have them both.

brotherwind