Psychedelic Mariachi Nava-jazz

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
ceadach
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am not spammer, I am a human being!! More power to those that foil them!!! The brown fox jumped over the red fence, for what reason, we can not tell you...

Psychedelic Mariachi Nava-jazz

Post by ceadach »

I understand that there's a R. Carlos Nakai album that fits this description. I read about it year ago and can't track it down. He did a collabration with some jazz and Mexican folk musicians. Any ideas????
Thanks!
CM
"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith."
Muhammad

"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different."
T.S. Eliot
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Well, I wonder if it could be Kokopelli's Cafe? You can listen to some sound clips.

It's the only one I found that mentioned Latin rhythms, but I don't think there are Mexican folk musicians playing. I can hear some Latin rhythms I guess, but I don't hear a mariachi sound---although I'm no expert on that music that's for sure.

More info:
http://www.canyonrecords.com/artnakai.htm
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
ceadach
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am not spammer, I am a human being!! More power to those that foil them!!! The brown fox jumped over the red fence, for what reason, we can not tell you...

Post by ceadach »

Thanks Cynth! That sounds pretty close to what I heard on a brief snippet of Nakai talking about this concept on Public Radio a while back.
"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith."
Muhammad

"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different."
T.S. Eliot