Martian Bagpipes

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dominic Allan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Martian Bagpipes

Post by Dominic Allan »

After years of hard work and research we are proud to release our latest CD.
"Music of the Martian Bagpipe" is available from http://www.screamingmavis.com
We also have some slightly less weird stuff too....
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

i listened to the sample. i'll let you know when my tastes evolve beyond the soundtrack to lord of the rings. things were well done and produced though.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
OnlyAnEgg

Post by OnlyAnEgg »

I listened to Melty...and it was.

I think I'd be interested in hearing more; but, I can't be certain.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Perfect for a David Lynch film.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Oh, my goodness! What in the world?? :-?
I used to make music like that when I was in gradeschool and we got our first guitars.
Do people pay money to hear that?

Hell, for money I'd stretch my cat across a tennis court; you'd get the same sounds otta him.
Let ya hear for half of what the martian fellow wants! :wink: :P

Flyingcursor wrote:Perfect for a David Lynch film.
Yeah...lol!! :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I rather enjoyed it. Very creative. Not what I would call relaxing, though.

I got a big smile out of your explanatory notes, which I hope you won't mind if I quote here:
There is little doubt that Martian Bagpipes have been with us for some time.
Ezekiel 47 gives us a tantalising clue ‘Came he among the Midianites and blew an hairy trumpet. And the Midianites heard the hairy trumpet and saw that is was red’.
18th century showman Pascalle De La Sodimaine is said to have toured Europe and America exhibiting his ‘Musette Marsienne’ In 1787. The instrument was destroyed by fire at the Continental Theatre, Lexington, Massachussets the following year.
The First authenticated example of a Martian Bagpipe was discovered in Tunguska, central Siberia in 1908 after what is believed to have been a meteorite explosion. Ivan Ibramovich stumbled upon a perfectly preserved example amongst hundreds of square miles of carbonised forest. The instrument was taken to St.Petersberg where it became the talk of the Imperial court.
Tchaikovski was fascinated by the instrument and wrote a concerto for Martian Bagpipes in K minor. Due to his untimely death the work was never performed and is now sadly lost. It is said that his death could have been due to radiation sickness caused by prolonged contact with the still ‘active’ pipes.
Although popular under Lenin they did not find favour during the Stalinist era and little is known of the Soviet martian pipes scene during this period.
In 1947 Martian pipe fever gripped America after the infamous ‘Roswell Incident’. To this day the U.S. Government denies the existence of Martian Bagpipes but witnesses claim that as many as six complete sets including spare reeds and a tutor book were removed to the area 51 facility.
With the fall of the Soviet Union came the revelation that not only did the Russians have at least 3 sets of Martian bagpipes, but that from 1974-1979 they had launched a secret Mars mission to collect tunes and instruments - apparently Brehznev was a keen player who would relax after Polit bureau meetings by playing Martian folk songs on the original Tunguska set.
The music on this C.D. consists of Soviet field recording’s from the 1974-79 Mars mission, the Dimos Consort and more.
Best wishes,
Jerry
Dominic Allan

Post by Dominic Allan »

We have a recording contract just waiting for your signature
Tyler Morris wrote:Oh, my goodness! What in the world?? :-?
I used to make music like that when I was in gradeschool and we got our first guitars.
Do people pay money to hear that?

Hell, for money I'd stretch my cat across a tennis court; you'd get the same sounds otta him.
Let ya hear for half of what the martian fellow wants! :wink: :P

Flyingcursor wrote:Perfect for a David Lynch film.
Yeah...lol!! :lol:
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Hey, did I hear a snatch of "God Bless America" in there?...perhaps not.

Can someone tell me, do Martians wear kilts?

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

WyoBadger wrote:Can someone tell me, do Martians wear kilts?
emmline

Post by emmline »

It kind of reminds me of the scene at the school dance in Back to the Future where Marty begins to deviate from Johnny Be Good to something mid-eighties. He says, "I guess you guys aren't ready for that...but your kids are gonna love it."
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Brilliant, Aaron. Answered that question! I guess instead of a dirk, they pack an Ilunium Pyu 36 Space Modulator in their sock...

T
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

emmline wrote:It kind of reminds me of the scene at the school dance in Back to the Future where Marty begins to deviate from Johnny Be Good to something mid-eighties. He says, "I guess you guys aren't ready for that...but your kids are gonna love it."
Eeechh!!
If this is the next big thing does that mean I'm getting old? :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
djm

Post by djm »

WyoBadger wrote:instead of a dirk, they pack an Ilunium Pyu 36 Space Modulator in their sock...
Darn, I had the silly thing in reverse. I turned him into a neandromoderator! :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
WyoBadger

Post by WyoBadger »

Now, now, you may disagree with our moderators now and again, but at least they never blow up our planet to get an unobstructed view of venus.

T