USA, Massachusetts,

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dwinterfield »

Most of the ones I listed above are ongoing. Sean O'Toole's has closed and the Sat evening session has moved to Jenney Grist Mill. You can get to the Greenbriar by subway from Quincy (about 45 minutes) For the other places you'd want a car. I think there's a Sunday afternoon session in Quincy. I'll see if I can find out where.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

fel bautista wrote:Cross post-

Is there any sessions around Quincy? I'll be in Boston in the early part of September.
Quincy is spitting distance from Boston, so using the MBTA you should be able to get to just about any of the Boston/Summerville area sessions with no problem.

Here's the trip planning page of the MBTA website: http://trip.mbta.com/cgi-bin/itin_page_dhtml.pl Simply type in the address of the place you'll be staying, and then type in the address of the session you want to attend. The website will give you complete directions on which buses/subways to take, and it will even provide walking directions on how to get to/from the subway and bus stops.

Loren
kintailpipes

Post by kintailpipes »

I know there are sessions and concerts through the Irish Cultural Center in Canton, MA. Go to the website for details.

http://www.irishculture.org/index.html
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

How about Southwest Mass, I will be going to school in Great Barrington starting in about two weeks.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

I think there may be a session in the Springfield area which is about 45 minutes away.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Any other info on that?
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

Unseen122 wrote:Any other info on that?
Try emailing or calling the folks at the Button Box. They'd likely know.

http://www.buttonbox.com/

Also their Fall "Squeeze-in" event is about a 1/2 hour from Great Barrington. I think it's over Labor Day weekend.
Unseen122

Post by Unseen122 »

I will give them an email, or go to the store as I know of sessions in Amherst and Northhampton which is pretty close to them.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Official trip schedule is fly in 9/11 to Boston and get to Quincy. A buddy and I are going to the Burren on Monday; Tuesday through Thursday- what ever works within a reasonable time.
gan-ainm

How about Western Massachusetts?

Post by gan-ainm »

Anybody know of any sessions way out west, as in the Berkshires (Stockbridge, Great Barrington, Pittsfield)?
gan-ainm

Oops

Post by gan-ainm »

Sorry, somehow I overlooked Avery's (Unseen's) inquiries on the same subject. So Avery - I come to Great Barrington occasionally (my Mom lives there, and I love the place) - have you located anything farther west than Springfield?
Unseen122

Post by Unseen122 »

North Adams has a Saturday morning session (10 to 1), and Amherst has a Friday night session. Let me know when you are around and we could have a couple tunes.
Feadan

New session on Cape Ann

Post by Feadan »

My friends Michael O'Leary and Bob & Jen Strom are trying to start a bi-monthly ( as in 'twice a month' ) session at The Landing restaurant in Manchester. First one is this Sunday from 5-8.

from The Landing website

Celtic Music Sundays Jan. 6 & 20

Celtic singer Michael O'Leary along with string players Bob & Jen Strom (guitar/bouzouki & fiddle/mandolin) are starting up a traditional Celtic music session upstairs in the Lee Room on two Sundays in January, the 6th and 20th, from 5-8pm. In the style of an Irish house or pub 'seissiun', this will be an acoustic session of mostly traditional songs and tunes from the Celtic countries, and it will be open to others who want to come and join in or just listen and enjoy. Michael is a traditional singer of Irish, Scottish and English songs and ballads. He organizes and hosts Celtic music cruises for the schooner Thomas E. Lannon during sailing season, and he has performed at the Boston Celtic Music Festival, the Irish Connections Festival and the New England Folk Festival along with various concert venues in the area. Jen has in recent years immersed herself in traditional fiddle styles, including Irish, Canadian and Cape Breton. She counts as her musical mentors Irish fiddler Laurel Martin and New England style fiddler Lissa Schneckenberger. Bob is a long-time guitar and upright bass player who for many years played bass for the popular folk/bluegrass band Old Cowboy Death. He's now added bouzouki to his list of instruments and accompanies on several traditional music styles: Irish, Cape Breton and Canadian. Bob and Jen are regulars in the Salem Country Dance Orchestra for the monthly Salem Country Dances and have performed at the Irish Connections Festival and Salem Maritime Festival.

Cheers,
Feadan
Il Friscaletto

Post by Il Friscaletto »

Just want to add a link to The Snug in Hingham, MA:

http://www.snugpub.com/

Irish session every Monday from 5:30-8:30.

:)