Board moving. Again.

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

Sorry to do this to you so soon after the last move, but the board's going to be moving to another machine again, as I will probably be changing jobs in the near future. This move might be a little tricker than the previous one; the last one involved physically moving the machine, while this one involves moving the software and archive to a new system. This move involves neither my current nor future employer, so it should be the last one for a while; thanks go to nonwhistler Chris "<a href="http://www.suck.com/daily/2000/02/17/da ... >President Wankel</a>" Petro for donated server and network resources.

I hope to make the move over the weekend (of September 1st). It may take up to 24h for your ISP's domain name server to learn about chiffboard's new address. This is unavoidable, but if you still can't reach the board by, say, Monday, then please <a href="mailto:rich+chiff@lafferty.ca">let me know</a>.

While I hope the move to a new machine with a new operating system will be transparent, there's the chance that there will be something weird about the new board; please <a href="mailto:rich+chiff@lafferty.ca">let me know</a> if you notice anything out of the ordinary after the move.

Apologies again for having to do this again so soon after the previous move.

(For the geeks in the audience: We'll be moving to a Sun Ultra 2 with two 200MHz UltraSPARC processors, with 512MB of RAM and 193GB of disk, colocated at AboveNet's facilities in New York City. We're currently running on a PowerPC with one 350MHz G3 processor, 256MB of RAM, and 16GB of disk, located under my desk.)
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

The move will happen this evening.