New Moderator

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New Moderator

Post by Dale »

Thanks to veteran board member Nanohedron for joining us to help with moderation!
carrie

Post by carrie »

Don't you mean veteran board members Nanohedron? :wink:

That's good news!

Carol
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I once offended Nano by criticizing his attire as not being suitable for the C&F board (I felt a tutu over his Speedo was just silly.) He's never liked me since. I hope this will not cause him to delete my posts or lock my threads unnecessarily.

Sorry, I just realized that was Alan, not Nano. I'm sure Nano will bring a new sense of sobriety and upper crust to our board.

Susan
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

We has plenty of crust on I, upper and lower. Sobriety is situational.

Hope to do right by you all. Meanwhile I test my wings.

Beware. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, thanks for wrecking my day! :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I think Nano will be an excellent moderator. But he won't be able to be Nano anymore. :( Shoot. I'm being selfish. I'll get over it. I guess.

Congratulations, Nano! And lucky us, sort of.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:Well, thanks for wrecking my day! :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I think Nano will be an excellent moderator. But he won't be able to be Nano anymore. :( Shoot. I'm being selfish. I'll get over it. I guess.

Congratulations, Nano! And lucky us, sort of.
Rejoice. I get to be as blockheaded and fluffy as before so long as it's doesn't get in the way (the "so long as" is my own standard; no one's thrust it on me).
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh I'm sure. Now I wish I'd voted to keep the Contro threads to five pages. Well, I'll see how it works out before I complain to Dale for removing you from the hoi polloi.

And yes, I know the "the" is controversial. I have chosen the side that uses "the".
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Better you than me.
Mr. 9003

Hey that rhymed!

Now you can live with the headache of people trying to slip in naughty words on the the test thread.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

See, now I'm wishing I'd included 'nanohedron' as one of my favorite C&F names.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

FJohnSharp wrote:See, now I'm wishing I'd included 'nanohedron' as one of my favorite C&F names.
It's still one of my favorite names, so it's all good anyway.

Was that magnanimous, or what? Heady stuff, this. :wink:
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Congrats Nano!

And good choice to Dale.
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

Cynth wrote:I think Nano will be an excellent moderator. But he won't be able to be Nano anymore. :(
Nonsense, Cynth. If Nano gets out of hand, he can just lock his own thread. :lol:

Congrats, Nano!!

LJ
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

littlejohngael wrote:
Cynth wrote:I think Nano will be an excellent moderator. But he won't be able to be Nano anymore. :(
Nonsense, Cynth. If Nano gets out of hand, he can just lock his own thread. :lol:

Congrats, Nano!!

LJ
:lol: :lol: That could come in handy, eh?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:
littlejohngael wrote:

Congrats, Nano!!

LJ
:lol: :lol: That could come in handy, eh?
The idea has occurred to me, I must confess. :D
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Cynth wrote:I think Nano will be an excellent moderator. But he won't be able to be Nano anymore.
Which direction do you think he'll go -- micro or pico?
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.