How to post to this forum.

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

How to post to this forum.

Post by Dale »

The purpose of this new forum, which is experimental--or "beta" as we say in the technoworld--is to establish a database of information that pertains to people finding music teachers in various locales, and for people who teach to recruit possible students.

Because this is going to have to be location-oriented, I'm recommending a posting format similar to the City Guide.

Let's try to stay devoted to the instruments used in traditional music. Whistle, pipes, flute, strings, etc.

Before you post, PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ABOVE, CAREFULLY REVIEWING ALL OF THE SEARCH OPTIONS, TO DETERMINE IF A THREAD HAS ALREADY BEEN STARTED FOR THE TOWN OR CITY YOU ARE IN. DO THIS BEFORE YOU START A THREAD.

This will only be useful to readers if your post is formatted in a way that will permit the use of the SEARCH function.

Let's use this format: COUNTRY, STATE, CITY, TEACHER or STUDENTS SOUGHT, INSTRUMENT(s). People posting about cities in countries other than the USA (yes, I know there are many) will know how best to modify this.

So, example:

USA, NORTH CAROLINA, ASHEVILLE, TEACHER SOUGHT, FLUTE & WHISTLE

FRANCE, PARIS, STUDENTS SOUGHT, MANDOLIN

People from other nations will know best how to label their post in the subject line to yield the most fruitful SEARCHES. Then we'll see how it goes...we may have to tweak the format.

In putting information in you post, be thinking about KEYWORDS. What keywords can you include in your post that will make it easier for people using the search function to find what they need.

In the SUBJECT line, keep it clean and simple. Just state the information in the format above. In the body of the text, you can write more, again with the idea of making it easy to find on search. Include details on locations, telephone numbers, contact persons, anything you know and can think of.

Please do not start any new threads except those designed as above. General comments and suggestions can be entered in the sticky thread specifically for that.

REMEMBER: SEARCH FIRST. POST TO AN EXISTING THREAD IF THERE ALREADY IS ONE FOR YOUR TOWN. IF NOT, THEN START A NEW THREAD WITH LOCATION INFORMATION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.

Now, technically, people who post here regarding the availability of lessons are making commercial posts. We'll keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. I doubt it will, but we'll watch.

Let's party and see how it goes, y'all.

Dale
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Post by I.D.10-t »

Thanks for the forum, I Hope it becomes a valuable resource as the Chiff and Fipple City Guide has been.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."