01/12/05 Old Joe's Jig

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

01/12/05 Old Joe's Jig

Post by TonyHiggins »

01/12/05 Welcome to new poster, who sends Old Joe's Jig, played on a Burke Narrow Bore Brass D.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
carrie

Post by carrie »

Just found this one. It's one of my favorite jigs, and this playing is really lovely.

Carol
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Which draws my attention to the fact that I never put the person's name in. I copy and paste from email messages- that's how most of the stuff gets loaded. I hope this fine player will step forward and amend the omission. I think that if they had requested anonymity, I would have said so. (did I spell that right?)
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Sam_T
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Sam_T »

Thanks Carol, that's very kind - glad you enjoyed it!

Tony, it looks like you've found the original e-mail and put my name on now. I hadn't noticed the omission to be honest, but thanks anyway for sorting it out!

Sam
carrie

Post by carrie »

Sam, please post more tunes!

Carol
Sam_T
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Sam_T »

You know, I keep meaning to but never get around to it... There are a few other tunes that I recorded around the same time if you look around C&S, including a slowish rendering of the Trip to Athlone that I quite like. There are also some recordings from a few years back, however, and they grate on the ears a bit when I listen now!
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Sam, I didn't fix any thing. You found your name on the jig's page, which I didn't think of looking at...Now, I can put your name on the newspage. (rolls eyes at self).
Tony