Boy Group Crisis

Formerly North-Indian Global-Zombie-Trance Jazz, Barbershop-Darbhanga Fusion, Rai-Ska Outlaw Country Operetta , Neurofunk Madrigal Throat Singing, Freestyle Acid House Flamenco, Twelve Tone Boy Groups, Dark Ambient Ragtime Fusion, Klezmer Surf Trance; Gregorian Chant/Bluegrass; Andean-Reggae Black Metal for Lapsed Lutherans; Chinese Opera-Mississippi Delta Blues; Alpine Yodeling-Samba Fusion; and Mariachi-Polka Waltz-Punk Forum
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Boy Group Crisis

Post by Dale »

Thank goodness we're all past the Twelve Tone Boy Group phase.

Boy band incites 'girl frenzy' at mall

BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota (AP) -- Police shut down a suburban shopping mall for several hours Saturday after screaming fans of the boy band B5 rushed the stage during a free concert.

Five people suffered minor injuries, police said.

More than 2,000 fans, mostly teenage girls, converged on Brookdale Center mall for the show, sponsored by the local Radio Disney station, KDIZ-AM. The band had only begun the second song when the chaos broke out and girls began rushing the stage.

"It just seemed like a girl frenzy," said Christopher Taykalo of Radio Disney. "A lot of young teenage girls who were trying to get close to their artists that they are huge fans of."

Seventy officers from 23 area communities responded the chaos. It took about 15 minutes for them to get the crowd under control and another 30 minutes to clear out the mall. The mall reopened later Saturday evening.

"I've never seen anything like it in my life," Jennifer Fullbright, 49, of Cottage Grove, told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. She took her daughter and her daughter's friend to see the band.

B5 is a group of five brothers from Atlanta -- Dustin, Patrick, Kelly, Bryan and Carnell Breeding -- ages 10 to 17. Their debut album, "All I Do," came out this summer, and they toured with the BET cable network's "Scream Tour IV."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Thank goodness, indeed. But -- Radio Disney? I don't think we're out of the woods, just yet.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Postings from B5 Fan Club Forum:

: B5 makes headline news over here!!!! from kiana on Today at 9:11a

ok,when i woke up this morning i turend on the news to see what time it was and all of a sudden i see girls runnning:

OK B5 WAS HERE IN VA YESTERDAY AT THIS MALL IT LOOKS LIKE. SO I SEE DUSTIN AND LIKE 3 POLICE ARE STANDING AROUND HIM HE HAS HIS SHIRT OFF HIS HANDS ARE AROUND HIS BACK AND HE IS RED I MEAN RELLY RED SO I AM LIKE WHAT THE H*LL IS GOING ON SO THEY SAY WHILE SINGING U GOT ME THREE GIRLS JUMP ON STAGE SO CARNELL IS JUST LOOKING LIKE WHAT THE F***? IS THIS. SO EVERY BODY ELSE JUMPS ON STAGE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY LEFT DUSTIN CAUS HE IS THE ONLY ONE I SEE LEFT, SO 5 GIRLS WERE HURT, 70 GOT ARRESTED.

PS -I HOPE DUSTIN IS OK AFTER THIS THEY NEED A BREAK. AND IT IS SO SAD FOR ME CAUS MY AUNT SHE IS LIKE 19 SAID AFTER THE SHOW THEY WERE GOING TO GO TO THIS STORE WHERE THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE AND GET THEM TO AUTOGRAPH THE NEW CD SHE WAS GOING TO BUY ME (I HAVE IT THOUGH) EVERY TIME THE COME HERE THE GET JUMPED!

Page 1 of 1
Reply by dsa on Today at 9:44a
i know dustin had no shirt on and he was dummad. they almost riped his pants of. the girl tat started it said she just wanted a hug and she tuged on dustins shirt to let him know was up then everyone was on the stage.
Reply by kiana on Today at 9:21a
OH MY BAD NOT VA BUT MINSODIA THEY NEWS SAID IT REMINDED THEM OF A SHOW IN VA!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Cynth wrote:Postings from B5 Fan Club Forum:

ok,when i woke up this morning i turend on the news to see what time it was .....
Oh, now I get it. That's what the news is for.
IT IS SO SAD FOR ME CAUS MY AUNT SHE IS LIKE 19 SAID AFTER THE SHOW THEY WERE GOING TO GO TO THIS STORE WHERE THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE AND GET THEM TO AUTOGRAPH THE NEW CD SHE WAS GOING TO BUY ME (I HAVE IT THOUGH)

Let's like, focus on the important stuff, here.
EVERY TIME THE COME HERE THE GET JUMPED!
Whence this disturbing transposition of "the" and "they"? See below.
OH MY BAD NOT VA BUT MINSODIA THEY NEWS SAID IT REMINDED THEM...
...and who's going to inform Nano that he now resides in Minsodia?

I'm like, it's sad, all right. :o
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

Cynth wrote:Postings from B5 Fan Club Forum:
they almost riped his pants of.
That's wrong on so many levels...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

jsluder and scottie, I must say that my concern over the popularity of boy bands diminished somewhat in the light of what appears to be a far more serious problem. :lol: :o :boggle:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Oh, and I resent them using the name "B5." Everyone knows that "B5" is the abbreviation for the TV show "Babylon 5." Of course, in the case of a boy band, it could be an abbreviation for "Babble-on 5."
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

scottielvr wrote: ...and who's going to inform Nano that he now resides in Minsodia?
Does he live in Minapples, Minsodia?
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

scottielvr wrote:...and who's going to inform Nano...

I'm certianly not going to. I certainly could have lead a proud Minnesotan life without reading this thread.
Last edited by I.D.10-t on Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

As a former Minnesota resident, and current refugee, I can say with little remorse that all boy bands should be lined up, and un-ceremoniously castrated.... uh... if they already haven't been. :D
Denny

Post by Denny »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:As a former Minnesota resident, and current refugee, I can say with little remorse that all boy bands should be lined up, and un-ceremoniously castrated.... uh... if they already haven't been. :D
Return of the Castratos

coming soon to a mall near you...

:o :boggle: :lol:
I.D.10-t

All better

Post by I.D.10-t »

I would like to report that all is going to be okay in Minneapolis now.

It was getting rough here. Last Friday it was 65F out side and people were riding their motorcycles the heat was getting to some people. The boy band incident was just a symptom of how off kilter everyone was. As I was biking home last night, it was raining and I was thinking, as I felt the heat of the SUV engines and watched the steam rise off the asphalt and mingle with the exhaust smoke, this ain’t right. Rain in the middle of November?

But this morning I looked out side and saw the dusting of the winter’s first snow. As I watched my neighbor crawl through her trunk to get into her car (because the doors were frozen shut) I felt my freshly washed hair slowly freeze in the breeze and thought “things are right in the world again”.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Yep, it's blowy, snowy, and about 20F here. It sure came on suddenly though. I think the boy bands will be heading south.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Cynth wrote:... I think the boy bands will be heading south.
<listening for raucous squawking of migratory boydz overhead>
Whew! If any were headed this way, they didn't stop. Probably too cold for them here, too; or maybe they saw Darrell, out in the cornfield with his triple-aught. They're headed for Florida, I reckon.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Uh oh, JES remember you can't take the law into your own hands anymore! We need you to moderate the UP forum. Let Lamby handle them---she'll straighten them out without leaving any visible markings! :lol: