Customer relations at HMT

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Eivind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Eivind »

Hope this is not too much off topic, but I have had this strange experience with "House Of Musical Traditions" and just wonder if this is common... Please forgive me if this is a bad thing to do.
I wanted to try the flute and order the Olwell bamboo model highly recommended at this website. When I learnt they would need 2-4 months to send it to me, I figured that was too long, and decided to postpone the flute purchase and go for a Low D in stead. When I tried to cancel the order, HMT replied with a very strange e-mail pretending to have misread my message. After reformulating my e-mail and urging them to get back to me in case of confusion; I have not heard a word from them...

This is a bit sad, since I, after hearing about the long time for getting the flute, decided to re-plan this summer/autumn and go for more whistlin' in stead of expanding on to the flute. I just wanted to broaden my repertoir. Now I'm stuck with a wooden flute to care for, since I find it a bit too busy to practice several new instruments at the same time. I find it better to concentrate on one u ntil I reach a certain level.
I realize I must stand by my part of the deal, but I had no idea about the delivery time being this long. Anyway, I think simply negliging my e-mails is not the best way to do serious business.

Anyone want to comment this?

Best regards, and thanks for a great website!

Eivind :smile:
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

Phone them.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Might not help; When I had a problem with them I called numerous times (at my own expense) over several days. Each time someone started to discuss the issue with me I got disconnected. I was told the phone was malfunctioning. Later, after seemingly reaching an agreement only to have HMT fail to keep thier promise again. I called a week or two later and and got the same disconnect treatment. When I finally asked to speak with the manager to complain about the phone issue as well as the other problems, the person who came on the phone told me they were aware they had a faulty phone - "Yeah, it's been like that for weeks now, we just haven't gotten around to replacing that phone yet".

What?!?!

Loren