Canada, Ontario, Toronto

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
TheFloatingFisherman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Canada, Ontario, Toronto

Post by TheFloatingFisherman »

There's a session at the Tranzac club, close to Bloor and Bathurst, every second and fourth Wednesday of the month. Starting around 8pm... It's a moderately paced session -- very nice people and very kind to beginners, but I've only been there once. It's too nerve wracking to go to a session where everyone's been playing together for so long.

Ah screw it, I just found a listing on a website with a lot of info so I'll just link that.
http://s92972807.onlinehome.us/torontoc ... ssions.php
TheFloatingFisherman

Anybody know a good store in Toronto for instruments? The only shop that sells whistle that I know of is the Recorder Store on Dovercourt, just north of Bloor Street... Also, just out of curiousity, anyone know any Irish flute teachers in the area?
vcolby

Post by vcolby »

Stay away from the recorder shop -- the low D whistles he has are not good at all. You can get a Kerry Whistle from Scott's Highland Services in London, Ontario. Not sure about flute instructors though.

Cheers,

Virgil
TheFloatingFisherman

Really? Last time I checked he had some Chieftains I think... Nothing I could afford of course but still, I was under the impression they were good low whistles... I bought my Feadog there and it's my favorite whistle, and I find the guy to be pretty friendly... But the prices seem a bit steep and it's obviously more of a recorder store than anything else... Oh well... I can't believe all of Toronto doesn't have a decent instrument store that sells whistles etc... London's too far for me (no car)... Anyway, thanks for the reply