USA, Texas, Houston

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

USA, Texas, Houston

Post by beowulf573 »

<b>McGonigel's Mucky Duck</b>
Every Wed at the Mucky Duck, around 8:30p. However, check the <a href="http://mcgonigels.com/cal.html">calendar</a> to make sure there isn't a band playing that night. It's a bit formal, the players are on stage, however that's the price for letting us play.

<b>Starbucks</b>
There is a slow session at the Starbuck's off 290 at 43rd the second and fourth sunday of the month at 2pm.
Last edited by beowulf573 on Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

***Update***

McGonigel's Mucky Duck

I went there last night for some excellent scotch eggs and found the Wednesday night session seems to be back on. Instrumentation was an interesting mix -- flute/whistle quartet with bodhran accompaniment. But I left early, so maybe the fiddlers arrived later.

I don't know whether this is a open or closed session, as I was with a bunch of corporate wonk co-workers who were whining about it being past their bedtime, so I didn't get a chance to talk with any of the participants.

Both the tunes and the steak and mushroom pie were excellent, too.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
lintehwesta
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: USA, Texas, Houston

Post by lintehwesta »

Not sure if I'm supposed to comment on this post or not, but felt it would be better than starting another thread... does anybody know if these sessions are still happening? I'm in Houston, and looking for a session I could attend to listen and meet other whistle players.
maki
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by maki »

lintehwesta wrote:Not sure if I'm supposed to comment on this post or not, but felt it would be better than starting another thread... does anybody know if these sessions are still happening? I'm in Houston, and looking for a session I could attend to listen and meet other whistle players.
According to the link from 2005;
http://www.mcgonigels.com/Music+Calenda ... 2012+630pm
lintehwesta
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by lintehwesta »

Thanks!