PHP touch() error onscreen when replying (?)

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Azathoth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

PHP touch() error onscreen when replying (?)

Post by Azathoth »

Apologies if this has been previously mentioned, but can't the permissions be fixed so that this error doesn't keep turning up:

Code: Select all

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Utime failed: Operation not permitted in /home/web/chiffboard.mati.ca/htdocs/includes/template.php on line 152
The error seems to occur when I post to a thread, not when I start one. I just had it again as I was replying to a flute forum thread (the one about the flat C#)

It doesn't seem to cause any problems with the functioning of the board, but as someone who does web stuff for a living, it does bother me that:

a) PHP error reporting to STDOUT has been left "on" on a production site. :o
b) Perhaps the software hasn't been correctly set-up, which will maybe cause other problems down the line. :-?

Cheers

Az
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

Yes, i've been seeing this for a long time (maybe 2 months now?). I thought it was the cause of the recent crash, but it started re-appearing shortly after the site came back up.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--

Post by Guest »

Happens when I'm messing with templates, and when I'm done messing with templates but forget to clean out the cached copy. Just an eyesore, though, nothing to worry about!

-Rich, who forgot to login before posting :-)