It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

How do you feel about the Superbowl halftime entertainment?
Poll ended at Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:52 pm
I am offended, Janet and Justin should be sued for indecent exposure and public lewdness. 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Don't be a prude. In fact, men should tear off womens clothing in public more often! 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Don't be a prude. In fact, women should tear off their own clothing in public more often! 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Children should be exposed to more of this. Let's add it to the curriculum! 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Nursing a baby is a beautiful thing. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Hey, I take my thrills where I can get them! 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Aw shoot, I missed the whole thing! 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
There was a Superbowl? 21%  21%  [ 11 ]
Does anybody have the lyrics to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Oh, the humanity! 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 53

Post subject: Boo on CBS
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:14 pm 

So I'm sitting here watching the half-time show with my 7 year old when Justin what's-his-face rips off a piece of Janet Jackson's shirt, exposing her breast. What are these people thinking? Fortunately, my daughter didn't catch it and kept saying, "What did he do? What did he do?" in response to our reaction. That is a total breach of confidence on the part of CBS. One should be able to let one's kids watch the Superbowl, especially when the home team is playing in it, without fear of frontal nudity. And I was worried about the commercials....

:moreevil: :moreevil: :moreevil:

Robin

Last edited by spittin_in_the_wind on Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: OT: Boo on CBS
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:41 pm 

spittin_in_the_wind wrote:
So I'm sitting here watching the half-time show with my 7 year old when Justin what's-his-face rips off a piece of Janet Jackson's shirt, exposing her breast. What are these people thinking? Fortunately, my daughter didn't catch it and kept saying, "What did he do? What did he do?" in response to our reaction. That is a total breach of confidence on the part of CBS. One should be able to let one's kids watch the Superbowl, especially when the home team is playing in it, without fear of frontal nudity. And I was worried about the commercials....

:moreevil: :moreevil: :moreevil:

Robin

I'm glad my grandson wasn't sitting next to me when that happened. I thought the whole half time show stunk, but that part took the cake! Why can't our national anthem be sung the way it was written? I didn't like our National Flag draped on Dingus Mc Fruity or what ever that dips name was and it was BACKWARDS, talk about stupid! They think they are Patriots, I think they are putrid. :devil:

They sit and chat and laugh n' giggle, then someone starts a lick on a whistle and it's "Katie bar the door!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:45 pm 

My ten year old son got his eyes full. I can't believe they allowed that. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:54 pm 

I don't think it was planned, for what it's worth.

That's always the ever-present danger when it comes to live television...

<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:19 pm 

TelegramSam wrote:

I think it was planned - Janet didn't look too surprised and she had a little pasty thingy on. MTV (who produced the halftime show) probably thought it was cutting edge but IMHO it was just dumb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:21 pm 
Chiffmaster General

They were probably trying to see how far they could go, after a recent ruling let slide a violation of the court-established dirty word list, on another live telecast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:21 pm 

I can't find any way to complain to MTV, apparently they don't like feedback. CBS and the FCC have been contacted, however.

Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:47 pm 

I'm reasonably pleased to report that, during the Boy Toy, Slut Girl and National Beer Slur-Person parade, I was working on a Mary Bergin Tune (Mrs. Crehans). Let's hear it for TV's with 'mute' buttons!

Tom D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:07 pm 

Rando7 wrote:
TelegramSam wrote:

I think it was planned - Janet didn't look too surprised and she had a little pasty thingy on. MTV (who produced the halftime show) probably thought it was cutting edge but IMHO it was just dumb.

I worked in the "industry for 3 years. It WAS planned! Nothing like that gets by without producers approval. :twisted:

They sit and chat and laugh n' giggle, then someone starts a lick on a whistle and it's "Katie bar the door!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:10 pm 

I smell a movie-of-the-week in the making!

-or-

"Slutty-past-their-prime-pop-divas-and-the-hormone-crazed-wannabe-teenie-bopper-idols-that-grab-their-boobies"

on the next A Current Afair!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:12 pm 

Like-wise Tom though it wasn`t a tune by Mary Bergin I was working on. I am having a heck of a time with the secound part of Teddybears Picinic. Driving me crazy actualy. But I have to figure it out as a defence against My Grandfathers Clock.
It was hard to ignore the sexist attitude surrounding the hole super bowl extravagansa. Very strange, almost adolesent. Makes me wounder about evolution ya know :)

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:28 pm 

Blackbeer wrote:
I am having a heck of a time with the secound part of Teddybears Picinic.

http://www.rit.edu/~eeg6662/tunes/teddybearspicnic.mp3

One of the trademark tunes of the old kid's group "Rosenshontz"... :) If this is the A&B parts you are talking about, the B starts on second octave D and goes dede dBCdB, with C played as a natural.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:48 am 

The worship of ball playing hooligans, and the obsession with their games, even when we don't know a single player on the field, is obscene. Football itself, I believe, is a metaphor for war, and is thus grossly obscene. Television advertising for overpriced, gas-guzzling, pollution machines and alcoholic beverages are obscene. That we celebrate all this with a national day of gluttony is obscene. Violence, greed, gluttony: all of these things, in my opinion, are far more obscene than Ms. Jackson's (or any woman's) breasts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:59 am 

All kids have seen or will eventually see boobs, that's no big deal.

I think the terrible violence on TV is a much more important issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:14 am 
Chiffmaster General

jim_mc wrote:
The worship of ball playing hooligans, and the obsession with their games, even when we don't know a single player on the field, is obscene.

Agreed.
Quote:
Football itself, I believe, is a metaphor for war, and is thus grossly obscene. Television advertising for overpriced, gas-guzzling, pollution machines and alcoholic beverages are obscene. That we celebrate all this with a national day of gluttony is obscene. Violence, greed, gluttony: all of these things, in my opinion, are far more obscene than Ms. Jackson's (or any woman's) breasts.

The umpteen other wrongs doesn't make this publicity-stunt of a peep show something right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next