Rocky Mtn. Session ***CONFIRMED***

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

OK guys,

Here's what we know so far. Some of you will be arriving Friday and some on Saturday.

Looks like the 'official' goings on will begin Sat. afternoon and continue into the evening as we'll be politely invading the local bluegrass session. Then it's off to Bill Tiernan's place (the uilleann piper from Blarny Pilgrim) for a strictly Irish session afterwards.

Sunday will either be a day for a nice whistle recital with our own dear Mack Hoover, or to recover from the hangover from the night before! Speaking of you Mack...can I play one of your new "Vortex" model whistles while I'm visiting? :smile:

If anyone has something to add, or if this time line needs changing, please do so soon!

Brian~

P.S. Mack, could you email us your address and ph. # just in case we get lost? OK, OK, in case <b><i>I</b></i> get lost! :wink:
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

970 434 3193
I-70 exit 37
left at F Road
right on 33 Road
right on San Felipe
right on Bowstring Drive
third house on right (530)

Hey Brian Joan allows any and all to play the Hoover upright.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Then it's off to Bill Tiernan's place (the uilleann piper from Blarny Pilgrim) for a strictly Irish session afterwards.
Bill Tiernan is a session pal of mine from way back when he lived in Amherst, MA. Aside from pipes he also plays whistle and concertina. Please give him my best!

Cheers,
David de la Barre
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend. I just found out the guy who was going to cover for me was a victim of "Corporate downsizing" and it was strongly suggested to me that if I didn't want my name on the list for termination consideration I better have my butt at work this weekend.

I will still be comming to SLC the end of August so hopefully we can hook up then Brian.
I was really looking forward to this.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

David,

I'll be sure to give Bill a big Hello! for you! I met him in a session in Greenfield, Mass. this past June. Amazing to find he and I live so close to each other two thirds of the way accross the country!

And Ron,

I think you need to remind those clowns you work for how their little company may just crumble like the Holy Roman Empire did without you! You are absolutely un-replaceable!!! they need to keep you happy there! (ie:weekend session!)

Is there any chance you might make it out late Sat. night or anytime on Sun. at all???

Brian~
Ron Rowe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ron Rowe »

depends on how flaky this software is when we get the new code drop friday. Qwest, whom I work for has been laying people off right and left to make their bottom line look better for an upcomming merger, my buddy who was going to cover for me was just one of the latest casualties. Didn't even have the courtesy to give him any notice, just waited till he came in and told him to pack his stuff he was layed off. Lovely people I work for.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Mack,

What sort of stuff did you have in mind for Sat. afternoon? Whistlesmithing workshop? :smile:

I've been exchanging emails with Bill T. and he was saying you might have something going later in the evening too, but tht after the bluegrass thing, we could session at his place. How's this fit in with your plans?

Rediculously Excited!
Brian~
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Right! I should be in Friday afternoon/evening. Mack, when I hit town I'll either give you a call or drop by, whichever you prefer.

Ron--Bummer! I was looking forward to meeting you!

See the rest of you soon--this is going to be SOOOOO fun!

Tom
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Nothing is set in stone. Time is money, but I'm a spendthrift. I spent many years of my time fitting it into others' schedules, so I have a bit of trouble scheduling others, but it looks like these are the events:
1.Participants arrive-unnounced and random.
2.Whistlesmithing-sort of on my usual timetable (random but often).
3.Music-often, spontaneous (random) enthusiastic.
4.All instruments welcome.
5.Possible session scheduled for around 1 or 2 PM Saturday ( we'll start precisely on time no matter who has shown up)
6. We'll play till hungry and send for pizza or hit the fast foods or otherwise gratify that interruption.
7. We will invade the bluegrass sessions sometime after 7 PM.
8.Afterward, sessions of Irish only at Bill Tiernan's if he's amenable.
9. Sleep if it happens. Sunday-recovery or church.
10.Reassemble for recitals and jamming till everyone's had enough and goes home.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

YES! That's precisely the schedule I had in mind! See you tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

Tom

p.s. I'm planning on traveling some "backroads" between here and GJ. If I don't show up by Saturday night, somebody probably oughtta call search and rescue. (:
Mack.Hoover

Post by Mack.Hoover »

If lost, Tom, keep whistling and we'll follow the sound. I know some of those back roads.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

OK kids!!!

I hope to be pulling in mid afternoon now, as the friend of mine I was hoping to bring got stuck at his little girl's birthday party. This means I can leave a little bit earlier.

Hope to be arriving somewhere between 3 and 5 pm. Have that 'Vortex' upright ready to go Mack! I'll be a vaccu....I mean WHISTLIN' fool!!!

B~
WyoBadger

Post by WyoBadger »

So, I was telling some of my musician friends about this weekend, that it was a gathering for the tin whistlers of the Rocky Mountain Region. They're thinking big convention. So imagine the laughs when I told them that so far there are three or four (maybe five?) of us...

(:

Ron, still holding out hope that the software will work and your employers will see the light...See you all soon.

Tom

p.s. I really don't think I'll have room for the tuba. Sorry, Brian.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WyoBadger on 2001-07-20 00:31 ]</font>