Email update list for flutes/whistles

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

I appreciate everything Dale has done for this list and want to thank him openly for allowing the monthly note from businesses.

If you'd like to receive email updates about flutes and whistles I have coming in for sale, and don't already get it, please email me at fyfer@fyfer-restorations.com to subscribe. Updates are for those who want to know what I've got before the general public sees it on the website, so you'll get first crack at them.
I also want to add that I've taken on a partner in the form of Paddy Ward, a flute player from Dublin who is a terrific restorer of flutes. And not a bad player, either! So, we're accepting clients with ailing flutes again.
Thanks again to all.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Just updating this as a "once-a-month ritual" as Dale recommended.

Lots of new whistles and flutes have arrived that might suit someone's Christmas list.

Happy Holidays!
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

David,

Thought I'd offer some feedback here: I really enjoy getting your e-mail notifications, but I wish you'd consider including the prices you'll be asking for these instruments. It's a bit of a drag to get the list and then have to write up an e-mail each time I see something interesting to ask for prices.

Cheers,

Loren
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

good point, Loren
I thought of that, too, and my wife also said it's a good idea. I think the next and future updates will have prices!
Oh....by the way.....full set of Sindt whistles coming in! :smile:
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

just updating here for the month of January!
the email update list has now grown to more than 300 subscribers!
many thanks to all!
the number of instruments coming in is startling even me! and the speed with which they're heading out the door even more so -- most being purchased by those getting updates before it hits the web.
While I will not list new items here (per Dale), I will note two items that are products (which Dale allows) which I carry:
* The prototypes for the new hard-leather cases for keyless flutes and two-piece whistles have arrived and they're beautiful. I'll be posting their new page onto the website later this weekend. I'm impressed with the workmanship.
* McNeilly flutes. I've got a new shipment and hopefully soon reviews will be posted. The body is more akin to an M&E than an Olwell, for those considering size issues. See them on the website.
Thanks again to all.
CraigMc

Post by CraigMc »

Hey David,

What is the name of that song you played on the HEALY-F for sale? It's really nice.
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

Craig:
I believe it's called "Londenderry Aire"...
I think....anyway, it has an equally pretty second part.
It's a tune I learned on the fife many years ago and wrote a 3-part harmony to it for a quartet. Very pretty. As I remember, it's in the key of G-minor....perfect for a chromatic instrument such as the multi-hole fife/flute.
From that tune, I usually go into a tune I know as "The Princess Hornpipe" which I play as a reel....again, I wrote 3-part harmonies for it, including an obligato bass line.