USPS delay experiences

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
tradlad123
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Learning more about flutes here, and looking for good makers. Also used instrument exchange is very convenient.

USPS delay experiences

Post by tradlad123 »

Just wondering if things have gotten better w.r.t. delays through USPS or is it still advisable to ship through private carriers? Any recent experiences?
brianholton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: USPS delay experiences

Post by brianholton »

Very slow, and slower since Brexit. I've been waiting 4 weeks for a parcel from Italy.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

The last box I received, last week, arrived three days late. Boxes from usps DO show up,
and generally in one piece, sooner or later.
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

The washPost did a story on this just today--its still very screwed up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ext-biden/

I ordered a gift from ireland for my wife on Dec. 2. It left Ireland on dec. 16 but didn't get here till feb. 3

That's bad

It used to be excellent
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

I ordered a CD from Ireland on 28 Jan. Got a note estimating delivery "before 11 March". It arrived on 6 Feb. That ain't too bad.

Best wishes.

Steve
Last edited by Steve Bliven on Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
BKWeid
Tell us something.: I really enjoy the information and experience from the members on this forum. I've learned so much from the long time members about ITM, flutes, and whistles in general. I also enjoy the humor and culture. Instrument reviews have been helpful and the posts on embouchure are priceless. As I generally don't get out to sessions, the information from this board is my only connection at times to the music.

Post by BKWeid »

In the last few weeks, I've expected several packages shipped within the US. I guess it depends on where they are coming from. Recently, I've waited almost 3 weeks for USPS packages coming from Colorado. Although, I had one package come USPS from back east that arrived after 7 days.

UPS seems to be much much better. I've had great luck shipping with UPS in the last few weeks.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I've talked to the postal people here in Taos. They say they are 'more than overwhelmed' by the combo of Covid and lots of mail. I don't blame them for the delays and if there is something that's moving faster it would be nice to know.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

My USPS deliveries seem to have returned to normal.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Tjones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tjones »

I order a book on the Hummel, from Germany in late November, and still haven't received it. I checked with the sender yesterday and his info said it was only 1/3 of the way here. ~