Storing whistles in a toolbox

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Greenfire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm learning how to play the whistle, maybe one day I can branch out to another instrument. I'd love to learn the pipes, but I can only afford a whistle!

Re: Storing whistles in a toolbox

Post by Greenfire »

pancelticpiper wrote:I just have this.

I've admired this roll before, and asked you about it, though I think you missed the question. Did you make it yourself or was it a gift? Also curious as to if you had enough whistles to fill it when you first got it, or if it was made to fit the ones you had... and that also leads to, does not having room for duplicates prevent you from having them anyway :D ?
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Post by Narzog »

I'm a believer in ventilation. My whistles are dripping spit onto my chair after 2 minutes of playing, so I like to make sure mine are stored slanted upright and in the open so they can air out and dry. IDK how necessary this is but if I stored them in a closed container I'd worry about bacteria buildup and stuff.

I also am a believer in pancelticpiper's storage pouch. Upright. Breathable. And looks good too.
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Dan A. wrote:If my cats...knock the pistol case over, no big deal...
And whaddya know...they did knock it off the table! It did its job and kept the whistles protected.
Greg Connor wrote:I have often thought about adapting a keyboard case for whistles.
With some egg-crate foam, that could work really well. A rifle case would also serve that purpose admirably.
Narzog wrote:My whistles are dripping spit onto my chair after 2 minutes of playing, so I like to make sure mine are stored slanted upright and in the open so they can air out and dry.
I don't fret much over that. Since I got my Dixon Trad, each whistle has gotten its body swabbed out and wiped down after I play it...no exceptions. Obsessive, perhaps, but I endeavor to keep my whistles looking good as long as possible.