It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 138
Location: Kingman, AZ.
Been getting this since last night. Im not sure if its on C&F's end or IRC's end.


Last edited by Skyclad01 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:27 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe
Skyclad01 wrote:
Been getting this since last night. Im not sure if its on C&F's end or IFC's end.

If you're trying to use the 'Live Chat' function here on Chiff and Fipple, we haven't looked at that for many years. I'm pretty sure it's simply defunct. We also haven't got round to figuring out how to remove the words 'Live Chat' and the apparent link from underneath the 'Chiff & Fipple' heading.

Or are you getting that message when just trying to use the Board for the usual, routine reasons? If so, I'm not sure where the problem might be - as far as I know, there has not been an issue with the Board software in the last day or two.

_________________
"Only connect!"

https://youtu.be/ezbWVysJAOY
https://tapm.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 138
Location: Kingman, AZ.
benhall.1 wrote:
Skyclad01 wrote:
Been getting this since last night. Im not sure if its on C&F's end or IFC's end.

If you're trying to use the 'Live Chat' function here on Chiff and Fipple, we haven't looked at that for many years. I'm pretty sure it's simply defunct. We also haven't got round to figuring out how to remove the words 'Live Chat' and the apparent link from underneath the 'Chiff & Fipple' heading.

Or are you getting that message when just trying to use the Board for the usual, routine reasons? If so, I'm not sure where the problem might be - as far as I know, there has not been an issue with the Board software in the last day or two.


The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link. As far as I can make of it though, it looks like it might be on IRC's side and not C&F


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe
Skyclad01 wrote:
benhall.1 wrote:
Skyclad01 wrote:
Been getting this since last night. Im not sure if its on C&F's end or IFC's end.

If you're trying to use the 'Live Chat' function here on Chiff and Fipple, we haven't looked at that for many years. I'm pretty sure it's simply defunct. We also haven't got round to figuring out how to remove the words 'Live Chat' and the apparent link from underneath the 'Chiff & Fipple' heading.

Or are you getting that message when just trying to use the Board for the usual, routine reasons? If so, I'm not sure where the problem might be - as far as I know, there has not been an issue with the Board software in the last day or two.


The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link. As far as I can make of it though, it looks like it might be on IRC's side and not C&F

I used to use the Live Chat button. Whenever I try it these days, it doesn't work for me. Maybe it works on some browsers and not others. As I say, we haven't really looked at it for years.

_________________
"Only connect!"

https://youtu.be/ezbWVysJAOY
https://tapm.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:13 pm 
Offline
Moderatorer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:00 pm
Posts: 36094
Location: United States of Kabuki
Seems to be working for me.

_________________
"Time is the wisest counselor of all." - Pericles

"I remain not entirely convinced of it." - Nano


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe
Nanohedron wrote:
Seems to be working for me.

And was there anyone to chat to?

_________________
"Only connect!"

https://youtu.be/ezbWVysJAOY
https://tapm.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:44 pm 
Offline
Moderatorer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:00 pm
Posts: 36094
Location: United States of Kabuki
benhall.1 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
Seems to be working for me.

And was there anyone to chat to?

I just saw the main page, and figured everything must be fine on my end. I didn't actually go in; I'd tried it years ago, but chat kind of gives me the creeps and makes me itchy.

_________________
"Time is the wisest counselor of all." - Pericles

"I remain not entirely convinced of it." - Nano


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:50 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe
Well, I have to say, I only get as far as the sign-in page. As soon as I try to get beyond that, it doesn't work. It doesn't work on my laptop, and it doesn't work on my phone. Are you sure you've actually gone in?

_________________
"Only connect!"

https://youtu.be/ezbWVysJAOY
https://tapm.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:57 pm 
Offline
Moderatorer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:00 pm
Posts: 36094
Location: United States of Kabuki
benhall.1 wrote:
Are you sure you've actually gone in?

Well, I said I didn't. I saw the sign-in page, and assumed from that that things must be working. My bad.

Okay - I gave it a real try and it took forever to load, so it timed out. I just gave it another try, and same thing:

Quote:
This site can’t be reached

http://www.mrbill.net took too long to respond.


Just had a third try, and no change. So that's how it's panning out on my end.

_________________
"Time is the wisest counselor of all." - Pericles

"I remain not entirely convinced of it." - Nano


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe
I'm getting different error messages on each attempt, but always an error message. From memory, that's how it's been for years now, at least for me.

Skyclad01 wrote:
The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link.

Skyclad01: did you ever get in to the thing proper, and manage to connect with other users? Or did you just get to the sign-in page, as is happening with myself and Nanohedron?

_________________
"Only connect!"

https://youtu.be/ezbWVysJAOY
https://tapm.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 138
Location: Kingman, AZ.
benhall.1 wrote:
I'm getting different error messages on each attempt, but always an error message. From memory, that's how it's been for years now, at least for me.

Skyclad01 wrote:
The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link.

Skyclad01: did you ever get in to the thing proper, and manage to connect with other users? Or did you just get to the sign-in page, as is happening with myself and Nanohedron?


I click on the Live Chat link and it takes me to the sign in page. Then I type in my name and click the connect button and I get to here http://www.mrbill.net/chiffirc/irc.cgi which is normally the chatroom, but that's where I get;

405 Not Allowed
openresty


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 138
Location: Kingman, AZ.
Skyclad01 wrote:
I click on the Live Chat link and it takes me to the sign in page. Then I type in my name and click the connect button and I get to here http://www.mrbill.net/chiffirc/irc.cgi which is normally the chatroom, but that's where I get;

405 Not Allowed
openresty


Now if I take away the /irc.cgi from the end of the URL, I get this;

404 Not Found
openresty

That may be normal though since I took out that bit at the end of the URL.

And if I to to www.mrbill.net, I just get a page that says this;
2020 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers.

Privacy Policy

Which is probably normal im guessing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:19 pm
Posts: 370
Location: Detroit Metro
Before live chat was brought up herein, I scarcely knew it existed. I gave it a go, purely out of curiousity. After typing in a nickname, I hit the "connect" button. The progress meter fills to ~10%, and that's all I get. Both my Android phone and Amazon Fire tablet produce these results.

_________________
I seem to have a mild to moderate case of WhOAD!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:47 am
Posts: 138
Location: Kingman, AZ.
Just to update, Live Chat is fixed and working again!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.100s | 12 Queries | GZIP : On ]
(dh)