Northeast Tionol Virtual Workshops

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Ceann Cromtha
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Northeast Tionol Virtual Workshops

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Has anyone heard anything about the status of the online virtual workshops that the Northeast tionol is planning in lieu of the usual events (due to restrictions connected with the COVID-19 virus)? I realize that the website essentially says “stay tuned for further details”, but my curiosity is getting the better of me a couple of months out.

Am I remembering correctly that prior to the shutdown someone (was it Tom Creegan?) was planning one called “Marching with Leo” that would focus on Mr. Rowsome’s work in that area?
Torrin Riáin
Tell us something.: a sentence or 2. Having a field that requires 100 characters get displayed next to each and every post I make sure is annoying.

Re: Northeast Tionol Virtual Workshops

Post by Torrin Riáin »

Hello to everyone,

We're planning on making an announcement regarding our virtual offerings in early September. Stay tuned! (The Tom Creegan workshop you're referencing was back at our 2018 event)

Stay safe, all
-NET
Ceann Cromtha
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Thank you very kindly!
Torrin Riáin
Tell us something.: a sentence or 2. Having a field that requires 100 characters get displayed next to each and every post I make sure is annoying.

Post by Torrin Riáin »

Northeast Tionól: Online October 17 & 18, 2020

Registration is now open for The Northeast Tionól, held online October 17 & 18, 2020. This all-Zoom weekend will offer:

Beginning Piping Class with Cillian Vallely

Intermediate Piping Class with Michael Stribling

Pipes Maintenance Workshop with Jim Wenham (̶O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶2̶ ̶s̶p̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶!̶)̶ Workshop is full.

A presentation about the history and use of regulators by Joey Abarta

A “virtual fireside chat” with Seán McKiernan and Jimmy O’Brien-Moran

Each 90-minute workshop is $20 (usd),and class sizes are limited, so register today at http://www.eastcoastpipers.com

As part of the event, the Northeast Tionól is also hosting a virtual Piper’s Chair, open to all instruments and voices, on the Northeast Tionól YouTube channel. 5-6-minute video submissions are due October 9

Visit http://www.eastcoastpipers.com/details to learn more