FS: Copley 6-key flute in Delrin

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
marshwren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I [try to] play Irish traditional music on the flute. Other activities include bicycling, knitting, walking, cartoon watching, novel reading, and language learning.

FS: Copley 6-key flute in Delrin

Post by marshwren »

So, I've decided to sell my keyed Copley & Boegli flute. It's in D, made of delrin, and has six block-mounted sterling silver keys. No rings, and a long tenon instead of a tuning slide. Cork and key pads are in great shape. Some tarnish and scratches on the keys, but they work just fine. Plays easily in tune, good tone. Weighs 369 grams, which is just about 100 grams more than my keyless boxwood flute. It was made for me in 2017. Comes with a pistol case and a little container of the beeswax-and-petroleum jelly tuning slide grease that Copley makes for it.

New it would cost 1895usd. I'm looking for 1600usd, although I'm open to doing a partial trade for a recently tuned Morse & Co. C/G anglo concertina in good shape, preferably with Jeffries layout, or comparable. Price includes shipping within the continental United States. Paypal preferred. PM me with any questions. Photos of course available on request.

It's a really solid flute. A lot of the reason I'm selling it is just that I have two other good flutes, and while I don't think either them is really better in any quantifiable way-- honestly, one of them is kind of wonky-- I gravitate to them a little more, and I'm not really into that big collection of flutes I don't play lifestyle (no shade on anyone who is!). Anyway, looking to shed some things, so might be selling some whistles and so on in the near future too. Oh, and hit me up if you're looking for a pretty decent Mexican Stratocaster.