John McSherry's Patreon

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Zéphyr
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the low whistle in France and I'm interested in reading from other players around the world. Exploring the field of measures in the whistles making (regarding the different types of blowing) is also one of my present preoccupations so I've decided to join this forum which seems dynamic.

John McSherry's Patreon

Post by Zéphyr »

Hi folks,

John McSherry has just created his patreon page, including Whistle & Uilleann Pipes music videos, tutorial videos & lessons etc.

Launching 1st September :) Here is the link : https://www.patreon.com/uilleannpipes?f ... kTW73zxTMM

Cheers
tanash369
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: John McSherry's Patreon

Post by tanash369 »

Hi,

Anyone who tried it already?

Can I join a month or two later since I don't have time right now??? (I gues if it is by prerecorded videos, the date of start wouldn't matter???)

Can anyone comment what is the difference if we compare it to the AIM Online Academy of Irish Music https://www.oaim.ie/uilleann-pipes/uill ... technique/ for example. Any pros?
I am learning alone in isolation, so I accumulated lots of bad habits besides the good stuff and I need some light.

Thanks
Madpiper13

Post by Madpiper13 »

I signed up for John McSberry’s Basic Whistle, which started this week. The first lesson was very well presented; thoroughly covering technique, as well as working through 2 tunes. So far, I’m very impressed, and looking forward to the next lessons. I’m also a subscriber of the OAIM we site, which includes instruction for tin whistle & Uilleann pipes among others, but no Low Whistle specifically. The lessons there are tune based, and usually add a new technique with each tune; short and concise. In the end, nothing beats instruction live or via video.

Madpiper
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

I signed up for the players course improving player.
On pipes. I have been working on the first lesson a couple of days and I am very happy with the content. Not too overwhelming. John covers rolls and provides nice excercises and goes through two tunes, a jig and a reel at moderate speed and divided into phrases. Very helpful for me. I have enough to work on this month and looking forward to the next lesson. Well spent money in my opinion.

Ketil
tanash369
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by tanash369 »

Thanks for help. I will sign up for John's program as soon possible. I always loved his piping style anyway.

But back to my main question: can I join a month or two later since I don't have the time right now?
Madpiper13

Post by Madpiper13 »

I believe so, but best ask John through Patreon.
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

Yes!
You can join when ever you like. John will release one video per month in 6 months total so they will be available for you when you have the time!
Yorch
Tell us something.: Looking forward to learning how to play uilleann pipe. I am living near to Peterborough, England.
Favourite piper, Paddy!
Thank you all!

Post by Yorch »

I am in!
Thanks for sharing