Maggie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Michael w6
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

Maggie

Post by Michael w6 »

There seems to be endless tunes dedicated to Maggie. Are these given to one exceedingly popular Maggie or several Maggies?
A moment of carelessness, a lifetime of regret.
A lifetime of carelessness, a moment of regret.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Maggie

Post by Nanohedron »

Michael w6 wrote:There seems to be endless tunes dedicated to Maggie. Are these given to one exceedingly popular Maggie ... ?
That would have to have been one preternaturally long-lived woman of very elastic affections, indeed. :boggle:

We've got a Maggie at our sessions. Once one of the pipers got those of us who knew it to sing When You And I Were Young, Maggie to her in a hokey fashion, hamming it up every time we got to the word "Maggie". Of course she laughed, but it also turned her red as a beet.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Michael w6
Tell us something.: I have played bagpipes for several years. Open heart surgery in 2014 took me out for several months and I have not yet returned. I have begun to pursue the penny whistle instead. I'm looking for advice and friends in this new instrument.

Post by Michael w6 »

That would have to have been one preternaturally long-lived woman

One of the Immortals?
A moment of carelessness, a lifetime of regret.
A lifetime of carelessness, a moment of regret.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Or a vampire.

Hmm - maybe I'll just start editing in the quote box for you. Normally I don't like doing that sort of thing - it's a matter of principle - but principles are commutable, and you are seriously driving me in that direction. And trust me: I'll make it quite evident that for all your time here you still haven't been houstrained yet, but 'twas a mod that had to lay out the figurative newspapers. I'm sure we wouldn't like that, now, would we?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Nanohedron wrote: That would have to have been one preternaturally long-lived woman of very elastic affections, indeed. :boggle:
Tired, too, it's no wonder she's drowsy.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: That would have to have been one preternaturally long-lived woman of very elastic affections, indeed. :boggle:
Tired, too, it's no wonder she's drowsy.
*Ba-DUM-tsshhh.*