Need help with message stuck in OUTBOX

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
TxWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Need help with message stuck in OUTBOX

Post by TxWhistler »

Relatively new member here. I have had more than 3 posts for quite some time and I'm finding that when I try to message someone my message seems to get stuck in my outbox. In fact right now I tried to message someone and it's stuck in the outbox.

I've tried researching the problem but don't have a clue as to why it won't send and be filed in the SENT folder.

Is it something I've done or haven't done?

Thanks,
TxWhistler

PS I'm pretty inept when it comes to forums, I tried to find out how to contact a Moderator but didn't find any instructions. Any help there would be appreciated too, just in case I ever need to communicate with a moderator.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Need help with message stuck in OUTBOX

Post by Mr.Gumby »

A message will disappear from your outbox as soon as it has been opened by the recipient.
My brain hurts

TxWhistler
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Post by TxWhistler »

Mr.Gumby wrote:A message will disappear from your outbox as soon as it has been opened by the recipient.

Thank you!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

TxWhistler wrote:
Mr.Gumby wrote:A message will disappear from your outbox as soon as it has been opened by the recipient.

Thank you!
And if it is NEVER opened by the recipient, it will stay there. I have one I sent in 2007. You can delete your message at any time.

You might want to seek an alternative way of contacting the C&F member you're trying to reach.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

TxWhistler wrote:PS I'm pretty inept when it comes to forums, I tried to find out how to contact a Moderator but didn't find any instructions. Any help there would be appreciated too, just in case I ever need to communicate with a moderator.
Just PM us, as you would anyone else. :)

The surest and cleanest way is to to find one of our posts (that should be easy), click on Profile at bottom left of the post field, then on the new page find PM at left and click that, and Bob's yer uncle. We'll be sure to see that's there's a PM for us. I don't recommend clicking on PM on the post itself (like this one, for example) since you'll get the text and title from the post along with it, which is the idea, because it presumes you'll be commenting on that post's contents. A bit fiddlesome to clear away all that if you don't want it and have better things to do.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

... or email ...
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

You can spot moderators from their names in RED.

In fact, if you go to the Board's Index Page:
index.php

Almost at the bottom, in the "Who is online" section, you'll see "Legend", with Administrators in Red. Click on that & you'll see the members of that group, along with their contact info:
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=2047

The 2 with the highest posts happen to be the most ACTIVE Administators, Nanohedron & benhall.1
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:... or email ...
Yes - or email, of course.
kkrell wrote:You can spot moderators from their names in RED.
I didn't think to mention that. I figured it would be a given, but one never knows, so thanks for filling it in.

Never used to be that way, and then suddenly one day, *POOF* - red. I think the red thing happened automatically after an update, because I don't recall that any of us were consulted about it. Now it's like I've got a target on my back.
kkrell wrote:The 2 with the highest posts happen to be the most ACTIVE Administators, Nanohedron & benhall.1
Behind-the-scenes stuff, most of it. You guys make us talk about you. A lot. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician