PRE TV?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fatmac
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: PRE TV?

Post by fatmac »

Nanohedron wrote:
fatmac wrote:
As to radios, it was definitely a big deal for me when the small transistor radio came out; it was the first media source that could be my own personal possession, and its easy portability was the seal of my growing independence.
That, & the newly discovered Radio Luxemburg, playing our kind of music, not our parents & grand parents music! :wink:

Then it took off when Radio Caroline hit the air waves, quickly followed by Radio London, these were 'our' Stations in the 60's. :D

But then the old fuddy duddies banned them, & introduced Radio One as a substitute, & it all went downhill from then. :(
Do I take it that these were unlicensed, underground broadcasts, then?.
Not exactly, they were being broadcast from outside British Territorial Waters, therefore our Government couldn't control them. :D
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Dan A. wrote: I pay for both cable and Internet service. For some goofy reason, it's cheaper to have both, so I'm paying for cable that I rarely use. Why they don't offer me just Internet at a lower price, I don't know.
That would work for me too, because then I wouldn't have to pay the BBC tax (licence fee).

I'm pretty sure that there's plenty online to keep me busy too.
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Dan A. wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Plus now I pay tons for the privilege.
I pay for both cable and Internet service. For some goofy reason, it's cheaper to have both, so I'm paying for cable that I rarely use. Why they don't offer me just Internet at a lower price, I don't know.
Yeah, I'm "bundling", too: Cable TV, WiFi for Internet, and land line phone. And it is the better deal to go that way, for some reason. Fine with me. I still hang on to land line because it enables me to compartmentalize who's calling me: land line mainly for bureaucracy and businesses, and smartphone mainly for personal.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician