Whistle players at Willie week, streamed

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Whistle players at Willie week, streamed

Post by Mr.Gumby »

For those of you who don't read the thread on the Traditional music forum:

With the cancellation of the Willie Clancy Summer School, ITMA and the school committee are creating a 'virtual Willlie', this week streaming highlights from recitals at the school from 1988 to 2018 and on the days the week was supposed to be held, by streaming last year's events.

Tonight it's flute and whistle highlights : here Streamed from 8 O'Clock Irish times and archived after that. You wouldn't get the number of great players together anywhere else.
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
My brain hurts

fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: Whistle players at Willie week, streamed

Post by fatmac »

Thanks, I'll try to grab a download later. :thumbsup: :)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

4am Saturday here maybe?

Yikes.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Kicking back this thread as a reminder events from the 2019 Willie week are being streamed all week at the times they happened last year, lectures, afternoon (piping) recitals and al lthe rest of it as part of the 'Virtual Willie Clancy week'.

Today, Tuesday, is the day of the flute and whistle concert. Streamed from eight, local time and archived after. Access on youtube or via ITMA (I'll insert a diret link once it becomes available later)

From memory Paul McGrattan, Eibhlin the Paor, Marion McCarthy & Mary Bergin, Tara Diamond, Geraldine McNamara, Seán Ryan, Fintan Vallely, Bríd O'Donohue, Eamonn Cotter, Ann and Nicky McAuliffe, Roísín nic Donncha, Aoife Granville, Mick Crehan, Angela Crotty & Paul Gallagher, Conál O Ghráda, Marcas O Murchu, Louisie Mulcahy, Joannie Madden, Geraldine Cotter and others were among the line up. Worth a look.
My brain hurts

Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Whistle/flute concert WCSS 2019 about to start Here

It will be archived at the same address.
Whistle and Flute Recital from Scoil Samhraidh Willie Clancy 2019

Introduction / Mick O'Connor, speech in English
[Mrs Crehan's, reel ; The midnight, reel] / Mick O'Connor, flute ; Majella O'Beirne, flute
A stór mo chroí, slow air ; Hurry the jug, set dance / Geraldine Cotter, tin whistle ; Cillian Boyd, tin whistle
Ar raibh tú ag an gcarraig?, air ; [P.J. Conlon's, reel ; O'Reilly's greyhound, reel] / Paul McGrattan, flute
The reel of Rio [(comp. Seán Ryan)], reel ; The morning star, reel ; [Derrane's], reel / Eileen de Paor, flute
The kid on the mountain, slip jig ; Hardiman the fiddler, slip jig / Marion McCarthy, low whistle ; Mary Bergin, low whistle
The Dublin reel ; The laurel tree, reel / Marion McCarthy, low whistle ; Mary Bergin, low whistle
[An phis fhliuch], slip jig / Tara Diamond, flute
[The Foynes jig] / Tara Diamond, flute
My love and I in the garden (I wish I never saw you), reel ; Egan's reel, reel / Geraldine McNamara, flute
[Slán le Maigh], air ; The rose in the heather, jig ; Mist on the meadow, jig / Seán Ryan, tin whistle
[The maid on the green, jig ; Whelan's, jig] / Declan Rynne, flute ; Seán Craddock, flute
The dear Irish boy, air ; The crosses of Annagh, reel / Fintan Vallely, flute
The bold trainer O, air ; Banish misfortune, jig / Bríd O'Donohue, tin whistle
The sloping hills of Ross [comp. James Kelly], reel ; Within a mile of Dublin, reel ; The old pigeon on the gate, reel / Eamonn Cotter, flute
[The black willow, hornpipe] [comp. Michael Dwyer] ; The maid behind the barrel, reel / Anne McAuliffe, tin whistle ; Nicky McAuliffe, tin whistle
The Raheen, reel ; Roaring Mary, reel / Ciarán Somers, flute
The cuckoo of Glen Nephin, air ; The swallow's tail, reel / Róisín Ní Dhonncha, tin whistle
The pretty girls of Mayo, reel ; The eel in the sink, reel ; Come up to the room, I want you, reel / Aoife Granville, flute
The lobster, reel ; Tomeen O'Dea’s. No. 1, reel ; Tomeen O'Dea’s. No. 2, reel / Mick Crehan, tin whistle ; Angela Crotty, tin whistle ; Paul Gallagher, flute
[The raven's opinion, air] ; [The dance of the minnow, jig] ; Coiscéim na sí, jig ; Nota Stota, jig / Conal Ó Gráda, flute
The old foggy dew, air / Marcas Ó Murchú, tin whistle
Dominic's farewell to Cashel [comp. Josie McDermott], jig ; The trip to the cottage, jig ; [Father Jack Walsh, jig] / Marcas Ó Murchú, flute
The Portumna workhouse, march ; The hurling boys of Portumna, reel ; The Montana reel / Joanie Madden, tin whistle
[The Cabin Hunter], reel ; Jim Kennedy favourite, reel ; The road to Ballygireen, reel] / Louise Mulcahy, flute
Untitled ; Untitled / Francis O'Connor, flute
January gales, reel ; A fair wind, jig ; McDonagh's reel, reel / John Wynne, flute
[Peaceful Claddaghduff], air [comp. Michael Hynes] ; [The ash plant], reel ; [George White's favourite], reel / Neansaí Ní Choisdealbha, flute
The wind that shakes the barley, reel ; The abbey reel / Tommy Guihan, flute ; Tom McElvogue, flute ; Patsy Hanly, flute
Crehan's fiddle, jig ; [Hinchy's Delight], jig / Catherine McEvoy, flute
[The Boyne Mist, reel ; Dermot Grogan’s], reel / Catherine McEvoy, flute ; Fergus McGorman, flute
Miss Langford's, reel ; The trip to Birmingham, reel ; The green mountain, reel / Catherine McEvoy, flute ; Fergus McGorman, flute ; Tom McGorman, flute
My brain hurts

fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Thanks for posting the link, downloading to listen to later - (also found a link for a harmonica one to grab too, my main instrument of choice). :)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
domwhistle
Tell us something.: I play the Whistle, Bodhran and Percussion in general. The information from these forums is of interest to me. Especially about whistles.

Post by domwhistle »

Good stuff !